Thread: Make Network Manager ignore wireless cards in Kali 2.0(fixes airmon-ng issues)

Make Network Manager ignore wireless cards in Kali 2.0(fixes airmon-ng issues)

To make Network Manager ignore your wireless cards in Kali 2.0 Sana which prevents Network Manager from interfering with Airmon-ng and other applications that create a monitor mode interface(I know that check kill also stops this issue but it also stops Network manager from managing your eth0 or other wired connections which can be a problem) this fix is very easy to implement as is also easy to reverse just follow the steps:

1. Open /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf or command line $leafpad /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

2. Add the following to the bottom of the .conf file:

[keyfile]
    unmanaged-devices=mac:<your wireless interface mac address here>

If you have more then one wireless interface that you would like ignored just add a
    ; (semicolon) and repeat mac:<interface mac address> as follows for as many as your need.

[keyfile]
    unmanaged-devices=mac:<your first interface mac here>;mac:<your second interface mac here>

Note: you can also use:

unmanaged-devices=interface-name:wlan0 or any interface you want ignored.

P.S. Please comment any issues this process might cause i have not found any yet but i'm open to input.

Sweet,this works for me.

It will do till a perm fix hits the street.

Much appreciated ShatStank.

Awesome bro!

Thanks
    nice and usefull information.
    network manager is also giving the same kinds of problems in ubuntuS since version 15.04 so that is a very usefull tip because it is a pain in the hass.
    shouldn't be too dificult to modify airmon-ng itself ,
    if nothing comes from Mr.X and aircrack-ng team I will try to do it one day, airmon is a bash script, nothing more...