Thread: Flash with Ice Weasel: YouTube videos play, but not videos on BBC website

Flash with Ice Weasel: YouTube videos play, but not videos on BBC website [SOLVED]

I just installed Kali 2.0 on an Asus X54L laptop, but have a problem with Flash.

When using Ice Weasel, YouTube videos play without problem, without my having installed any extra software, but videos on http://bbcnews.com show the message "You need to install Flash player to view this content".

I'm puzzled because YouTube videos work, which means that some kind of Flash support is installed and working, but why is it working only with YouTube and not with the BBC?

I tried installing the "Flash plugin installer" package from the package manager, but that had no effect, so I uninstalled it again.
    I'm using the default graphic driver installed by Gnome - it's using Intel Sandybridge Mobile chipset.

I have not tried manually installing the Flash 11 package downloadable from Adobe yet (for which there are various how-to's on the Web), because I wanted to consult you guys here first.

Can anyone enlighten/advise me?

TIA if so.
    Last edited by daveybaby; 2015-08-19 at 15:01. Reason: Problem solved... marking thread as solved

The solution can be found in this thread:

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...h+installation