Thread: Evil twin has no internet connection?

Evil twin has no internet connection?

Hello everyone I am still learning and playing around with kali linux and the tools it comes with. Till now everything works fine, but I have problems with creating an evil twin here are the steps I did:

1) boot wifi card into monitor mode: airmon-ng check kill; airmon-ng start wlan0.
    2) creating the evil twin: airbase-ng -a 00:09:5B:6F:64:1E --essid "Test" -c 11 wlan0mon
    3) any device (i.E my cellphone) can connect, but if it tries to access google.com or any other page it cannot connect to it and gives an error that it isn't connected with the internet.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a problem with kali linux 2.0 (which I am using) or does my wifi card not support an evil twin (package injection works though). My wifi card is Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 1030 [Rainbow Peak] (rev 34)

I hope anybody can help me

To provide internet connection thru an evil twin you have to have a wifi device in monitor mode to support airbase-ng and a second device wired or wireless connected to the internet. Under Kali2.0 there is no way to shut down individual wireless devices. They are either all on or all off. So you need to find a way to put the wifi device in monitor mode and still have internet access thru another device.

If you find a way certainly correct us here as we are listening

The airmon-ng check kill command kills network manager so you cannot use that. The:

service network-manager stop

turns network manager off so that will not work either.

You might try this but we have not tested it.

1. Stop Network Manager from using the device that supports airebase by altering the config file. There is a method in these threads for this, search for it.

or

For the device supporting airbase-ng

airmon-ng start wlan0
    ifconfig wlan0mon down
    iwconfig wlan0mon mode monitor
    ifconfig wlan0mon0 up

As soon as we can find a way to load incron and the isc-dhcp-server into kali2.0 MTeams will turn and try and sort out PwnStar9.0 for use with kali2.0 as we use this alot.

Another solution is to go back to kali1.10a which works just fine thankyou.

MTeams

Did this issue ever get resolved? I have been trying to use the Evil Twin and there is no internet access. My Kali machine has internet access up until i run echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward. Once that step is performed, bye-bye internet. If there is a fix, please let me know.

My monitor card is the Alfa USB WiFi adapter and I am using my internal NIC for Internet access.

Read the following thread

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ight=netManmac

We run Pwnstar 9 and provide internet access using the procedures outlined.

MTeams