Thread: WiFi-Lock Kali NetHunter???

WiFi-Lock Kali NetHunter???

Hi, I have a problem with the server apache in kali Nethunter: when start the service and I put the ip of Kali in a PC connected to the LAN opens a page called WiFi-Lock. what is it? how can I turn it off? I tried to reconfigure the apache server and reinstalling Nethunter but nothing ... thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english

I am having the same issue. Even with apache stopped the issue remains. Starting to think it is some service the provider is running or maybe a built in feature.

Guessing it's somekind of phishing site template that has been set as index-page for Apache by default.

Problem Solved

Hey Aless888,

The Wifi-Lock is a page hosted by apache in the following folder:

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled.

You can clear out the entries in that directory and then run the following command to return to the normal Apache2 config:

cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

That will set Apache2 to the default index.html located in /var/www

solved, thanks. I thought that was a service..

I still can't get this to work! What am I doing wrong?

just follow buckaroot's instruction at post #4
    BTW it's not important at all...

Thanks.. I got it. I can only use this on my LAN. What would I need to do to use it on WAN? My ISP sets my external and is dynamic.

If I understand correctly, I think you would need to forward ports on the router your ISP gave you. Maybe this link will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob123 View Post
    If I understand correctly, I think you would need to forward ports on the router your ISP gave you. Maybe this link will help.
    lots of times, cell carriers will block low standard ports, just change your apache up to something like 8888 and see if you can hit it

Where would I change that at?

You would change it in the admin panel of your router. If you forward the port and tell the router all traffic is to go to the IP of your machine, you should be able to connect using the external IP.

Wifilock page is not change when I clear all entries in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled
    and running this command
    cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

Hey guys.
    Ive been battling with this same issue for a while now. Ive followed buckaroots instructions of clearing /etc/apache2/sites-enabled and running cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ but nothing changes. Ive tried reinstalling, updating apache2 but nothings changed. Not sure what im doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jackkk

Quote Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
    Hey guys.
    Ive been battling with this same issue for a while now. Ive followed buckaroots instructions of clearing /etc/apache2/sites-enabled and running cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ but nothing changes. Ive tried reinstalling, updating apache2 but nothings changed. Not sure what im doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jackkk
    I'm pretty sure its not apache2 that is causing wifi-lock I think its mana-toolkit.
    I would try to run
    dpkg-reconfigure mana-toolkit but you may need to run "apt-get install mana-toolkit" first. I noticed in nethunter app config files were blank.
    Then dpkg-reconfigure apache2 "just in case"

You said you cleared /etc/apache2/sites-enabled sounds like you deleted the files first, I don't believe I had to do that I just copied the 000-default.conf into the sites-enabled directory with the command you mentioned. Then it should point to the default apache page in /var/www after you run
    service apache2 restart. If something is still wrong try updating your metapackages from the nethunter app but it might undo the changes made with the
    sites-enabled directory so you might want to do it first if you didn't when you first installed nethunter ROM.

Just remember these are just troubleshooting tips off the top of my head so use good judgment hope this helps
    Last edited by Exile666; 2017-03-23 at 23:28.