Thread: Working method to install Kali 2.0 Sana

Red face Working method to install Kali 2.0 Sana

Working method to install Kali 2.0 Sana

This method apply only for creating boot USB and to install Kali 2.0 Sana (3.1 GB)

1.) Download your iso image (32/64 bit) depends of your system. (I used 64bit iso img.)
    Recommendation is to download torrent rather then direct iso
    2.) Be sure to check out and verify SHA1Sum is it OK
    3.) Create boot usb with one of this two ways:
    3a) on Windows system with Win 32 Disk Imager
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
    (I didn't use it, but people report it that is OK. Thanks to MTeams for this advice)
    3b) on another Linux system (including live mode) with dd command
    http://docs.kali.org/downloading/kal...ve-usb-install
    (This method I used)
    4.) boot from usb and select Live
    5.) when Kali is loading in Live mode on application menu find Install and start installation
    don't connect to your wifi network at this point (I have some problems when I do this) you will connect
    at your wifi network in installation when you configuring network.
    6.) Bug is that installation screen doesn't appear correctly, but you can navigate through it.
    7.) you need network during installation (my usb wifi network was recognized and used rt3070)
    8.) at the end of installation you have to confirm and use mirror to download and install Grub loader
    If Grub failed to install repeat last step or if not successfully again use this tool
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/
    to repair and install grub loader

Or you can use Light version of Kali 2.0 Sana with which you don't have those limitations
    and install it on your system and use those command to update kali to full version.
    apt-get install kali-linux-full or
    apt-get install kali-linux-all

This is my experience and taken from post here on forum.

addition:
    to check md5 and SHA1 just type those commands in terminal (under any Linux)
    md5sum {file}
    sha1sum {file}

or on windows you have excellent tool
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hash_my_files.html
    with which you can add checksum on right click meny on file
    Last edited by duxim; 2015-10-15 at 08:41. Reason: some link is broken and changed and add addition

Not sure why so many people have issues with this.
    First time I tried using full iso 64bit with UEFI boot in USB worked.
    I chose yes to network mirror and it installed grub without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by duxim View Post
    Working method to install Kali 2.0 Sana

This method apply only for creating boot USB and to install Kali 2.0 Sana (3.1 GB)

1.) Download your iso image (32/64 bit) depends of your system. (I used 64bit iso img.)
    Recommendation is to download torrent rather then direct iso
    2.) Be sure to check out and verify SHA1Sum is it OK
    3.) Create boot usb with one of this two ways:
    3a) on Windows system with Win 32 Disk Imager
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
    (I didn't use it, but people report it that is OK. Thanks to MTeams for this advice)
    3b) on another Linux system (including live mode) with dd command
    http://docs.kali.org/downloading/kal...ve-usb-install
    (This method I used)
    4.) boot from usb and select Live
    5.) when Kali is loading in Live mode on application menu find Install and start installation
    don't connect to your wifi network at this point (I have some problems when I do this) you will connect
    at your wifi network in installation when you configuring network.
    6.) Bug is that installation screen doesn't appear correctly, but you can navigate through it.
    7.) you need network during installation (my usb wifi network was recognized and used rt3070)
    8.) at the end of installation you have to confirm and use mirror to download and install Grub loader
    If Grub failed to install repeat last step or if not successfully again use this tool
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/
    to repair and install grub loader

Or you can use Light version of Kali 2.0 Sana with which you don't have those limitations
    and install it on your system and use those command to update kali to full version.
    apt-get install kali-linux-full or
    apt-get install kali-linux-all

This is my experience and taken from post here on forum.
    My problem is that the system does not load in Live mode!
    Already recorded the ISO to a DVD, I have used various programs to create a bootable flash drive and nothing works. At first I thought the new Kali was more pessado than 1.1.0a release. However, the DVD that i recorded ran in a notebook a little weaker than mine. It is very crazy! AND the most strange thing is that the same ISO wheel normally in VirtualBox. I tried to change the settings but nothing works. Can you help me?

To Guilherme:

MTeams have two(2) computers in our lab that will not accept Kali-linux 2.0 - same problem you cannot boot into live mode. If we get an answer we will let you know here. The only answer is to use Kali1.10a - in the end you will have alot less problems at present.

Musket Teams

@Guilherme
    Post your computer basic configuration.
    Maybe someone can give advise about that problem or maybe we can see some pattern.
    I really don't have any idea why is that happen. I doubt that could be related to some hardware configuration.
    Also you can try this to set BIOS to their default setting.
    Another thing I can recommend is to burn DVD at slowest speed.
    or try with USB (if you have)

MTeams have not tested this yet BUT the computers giving us problems do have NVIDA drivers. Read the thread below

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...Kali-Linux-2-0

I thank you (@mmusket33 and @duxim) in advance for the answers of you - even without a solution -, what matters is the intention. My notebook has the following configuration:
    AMD Radeon HD 7200 C-60 4 GB RAM and 500 GB HD
    Dual-core x 1.0.
    Currently, I have installed the W10 and the Kali Linux 2.0. Yes, the Kali installs but does not load. I've tried everything and nothing so far.
    Last edited by Guilherme; 2015-08-24 at 18:33.

@duxim
    I tried to install Fedora 22 on my laptop and the system also did not load. I tried it with the Arch and he apparently ran (I did the install, just wanted to know if the command prompt would appear). Do You think that can be a problem with the HD - even without you don't think you have to do -, with the BIOS or some other problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    @duxim
    I tried to install Fedora 22 on my laptop and the system also did not load. I tried it with the Arch and he apparently ran (I did the install, just wanted to know if the command prompt would appear). Do You think that can be a problem with the HD - even without you don't think you have to do -, with the BIOS or some other problem?
    In my opinion it does not have any matter with hdd or BIOS. It could be only connected
    with specific drivers for your system (mmustek33 post about Nvidia) nothing else.
    Second as I saw you like to experiment a little with installation. I support it.
    Try to install Debian 8 because it is equal with Kali and see what will
    happen with this installation.
    And set BIOS to their default setting before that. just in case.
    and if you have usb stick, try with it rather then DVD
    Last edited by duxim; 2015-08-24 at 22:30.

@duxim
    OK. Already downloaded the Debian 8 and I'm going to install it. Which GUI you believe to be the best and fastest to the settings of my machine?

whatever. kde, xfce, gnome,
    try with kde

the picture is too small, and I really don't have hawk eyes
    as I sow a little from a picture you are install Debian on your system? am I correct?

Yes. I'll install the Aircrack-ng and back him. I'm tired of the bugs of Kali

Will installing Kali via "apt-get install kaLi-linux-full" upgrade my Ubuntu to Kali, or install a brand new? I mean, will my files still be here?