Thread: Kali will not stop hibernating

Kali will not stop hibernating

After Initial Installation and log-in Kali seemed to be working fine, but after 10-30 seconds it logs out and goes to sleep. After waking it and logging back in you have about 10-30 seconds before it does it again. I tried reinstalling and messing around with the settings but I have a pretty small window. Any suggestions?

Exactly happent to me. I have a notebook Sony Vaio model PCG-4V1M and work excelent with Kali Linux 1.1 but when i make upgrade same problem to me. After instalation on start after 10-20 seconds is go to sleep. Same if i run USB live. I think is a driver isue because like i say with 1.1 work best. I have another nothebook a Benq Joybook Lite U102 and on this one Kali 2.0 work with no problem.

I have the same problem. Installed Kali 2.0 on an Acer Aspire D150 Netbook. Every 20 to 30 seconds it goes to hibernate mode. I have changed the power settings so blank screen is set to never, automatic suspend is off, screen lock off, but it still wants to hibernate or whatever it is doing. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Edit the file /etc/default/grub change the line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet" to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet acpi=off"
    Save, run the command: update-grub
    reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Edit the file /etc/default/grub change the line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet" to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet acpi=off"
    Save, run the command: update-grub
    reboot
    I can confirm this is working for me on a problematic Sony! It works!! Thank you Crash for helping me with this issue on IRC.

Edit: I'm having resolution issues after applying this fix. I've tried using randr to set my resolution (1280x800) but it won't work. I'm stuck on 1024x768 and also overall performance is slower.

Any idea's anyone?
    Last edited by dreamscape; 2015-11-30 at 12:33.

Hello everyone, my problem is that when I close the lid and then open begins hibernating alone 10-20 seconds. I went on another forum that I can not remember where, where the terminal typed a command that stopped the problem hibernating, but another appeared after closing the lid and open there, the system is on a screen that is not the terminal, but a gray screen where you can type but does not accept any command.

I tried the command in the terminal as taught above (/ etc / default / grub) but says it is a command that is not allowed, I tried to become a super user but continued with the same warning.

Does anyone have a light? Thanks in advance. Hug to everyone.