Thread: Hydra issue, hydra -R repeated

Hydra issue, hydra -R repeated

Hello All!

Have a problem here. I thought it was related to Kali 2.0, but I just ran into the exact same thing with Kali 1.1 and Hydra.

I'm refreshing my lack of knowledge, and running through the DeIce disks and up. This particular problem exists with DeIce 1.100.

I'm running the following command:

Code:
    hydra -L users -P /usr/share/john/password.lst 192.168.1.100 ssh
    While there are a few of the expected Status/Tries posts, I receive a ridiculous amount of "The session file ./hydra.restore was written. Type "hydra -R" to resume session." errors.

Anyone have any insight as to what I might be doing wrong? My environment is VMWare Fusion 7.1.2 with a dedicated VM of 2 cores, and 4GB of RAM.

Googling this error really hasn't shown much other than the possibility that Hydra is corrupt (but I dont see how on two seperate VMs with dissimilar versions of Kali running). The same when searching the Kali forums.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    -CHrisso

Not sure what's going on. I changed the dynamic up a bit, and am not having any of the same issues. Just seems to be going A LOT slower.

New code being used:
    Code:
    hydra -v -t 8 -e nsr -L users -P /usr/share/john/password.lst 192.168.1.100 ssh
    But if I go back to the same command, but without the "-t 8" I get the same problem....

I R CONFOOSED!

-Chrisso