Thread: RPi Model 2 with PiTFT 2.8 GUI size

RPi Model 2 with PiTFT 2.8 GUI size

Hi, I just recently got my Adafruit PiTFT 2.8" screen working with a Kali image for the Pi 2. My issue is that when I go to run a program on the desktop, the program window size is too large for the Adafruit display. I can grab the top bar with the mouse and move it side to side to see the leftmost and rightmost portion of the window, but I cant move it up or down, so I can only see the topmost portion of the window on the screen. Is there any fix to this to resize the window GUI or the text font/size to see all of the desktop/program window on the 2.8" display?

The 2.8" LCD isn't really meant to run a full GUI app - most apps have way too much going on to fit into such a tiny display size. There isn't really a good way to do it without heavily patching most of the apps.

That said, you can use alt and click and drag (typically) to move a window around... unless I'm not really understanding. You should be able to set a virtual size to tell X that even though the display only shows X x Y, the actual window is Xx x Yy, and then you should be able to move it around a bit. It's still clunky, but eh, it's a 2.8" lcd, usually running a resolution of around 320x240, so...