I'd like to start of by introducing myself as I am new to Linux and this is my first post on this forum. I look forward to interacting with all of you as I learn how to better use Kali Linux.

Okay so to start with my issue:
I downloaded Kali Linux 2.0 64bit on a USB drive from my Mac Desktop today. I booted it up on my Mac Desktop but then I realized that the Mac keyboard and mouse don't work with Kali. So that was no issue, I just booted it up on my Mac Book Pro. Everything booted perfectly and the mouse and keyboard were working on that. But what I noticed was that there was no WiFi connectivity. It didn't pick up any of the networks around me.

For the next 5 hours after booting it up I put my full attention to figuring out how to get some WiFi. In the mean time, I connected it via ethernet to conduct my research.

What I have found out is that if i type ifconfig, it shows eth0, which is my ethernet. If also shows lo and wlan0. However, if I boot it up as a Mac, and run ifconfig, i see a lo0, gif0, stf0, en0, en1, fw0, and p2p0. En1 is active and En0 is active. I think en0 is the ethernet.

In addition to that, I figured out that I have a AirPort Extreme card type with a Broadcom BCM4322 802.11 Wireless LAN Controller.

For a few hours I followed a bunch of forum tutorials that said to do things like this:
http://www.broadcom.com/docs/linux_sta/README.txt

The farthest "progress" I have gotten is for when I click on the top right, it shows something like "WIFI Connection", and when you click it it opens a small wind that says something like "Searching for wireless networks" but none ever come up.

I have even tried making wifi hotspots with my phone to see if there was something wrong with my wifi but thats not the case. Also my neighbors wifi would show up too, so we know there is no wifi issue.
I have installed so much and tried so many things and nothing seems to work. I decided to wipe the USB and reinstall it so I am starting off with you guy's recommendations on what I should do without having passed any commands into the terminal.

I really am desperate for some help. I really appreciate it. If you need more information or clarification feel free to ask