Thread: Issues with VPN on Raspberry

Issues with VPN on Raspberry

Ive been google'ing around to get this to work, now im so frustrated and desperate that i cant get it to work. Ive done this so far:

Installed:
    apt-get install network-manager-openvpn-gnome
    apt-get install network-manager-pptp
    apt-get install network-manager-pptp-gnome
    apt-get install network-manager-vpnc
    apt-get install network-manager-vpnc-gnome

I wanted to install:
    apt-get install network-manager-strongswan

When i do this, i get this:
    Package network-manager-strongswan is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsolered, or is only available from another source

E: Package 'network-manager-strongswan' has no installation candidate

I dont know if strongswan is significant, so i tried to set up a VPN-connection..
    When doing so, when i click the VPN connection that i want to connect to, nothing happends at all..

Ive tried to get my sources.list to point at a package that i know contained strongswan.
    Ive reinstalled Kali like 10 times to i was absolute certain that i havnt done any mistakes.
    Ive tried to install strongswan manually, but got stuck at installing some other packages - dbus-glib1 - again i see that its at the destination my sources.list is pointing at, but it wont install it..

So - now in all of my frustrations, im writing here to try get sum hlp to get this to work.. Plz anyone?

https://lists.debian.org/debian-deve.../msg00015.html

It was kicked out of Jessie because it FTBFS (failed to build from source) - so we don't have it in Kali 2.0.

Keep in mind that just because a package exists in a repository somewhere doesn't mean that it is supported by the architecture you're running on, most external repositories aren't built for armel/armhf, so it's likely that if you've added some external repository, it exists for amd64 or x86 but not arm.

Your best bet would be to open a bug in our bug tracker and ask us to import the version from testing since they seem to have fixed it there.

Thanks a lot, that saved me an headache, at least its not just me that fail at some point..