Thread: Network adapter errors

Network adapter errors

Hello,
    I am quite new to linux but very interested in the Ethical Hacking/Penetration testing field. I recently bought a wireless adapter for packet injection needs. The model I got was the ALFA AWUS036H which, comes with a Linux driver installation and I believe packet injection. Kali is definitely picking it up because I can connect to my router through it. But whenever I want to start monitoring my adapter it seems to screw up. I've been searching for a fix and haven't found any to a fix. My script is as follows 1. ifconfig , 2. airmon-ng start wlan0 , 3. airodump-ng wlan0mon ... In tutorials I usually see airodump-ng mon0 .... Mine seems to be different but anyways it comes up with an error.

ioctl(SIOCSIWMODE) failed: Device or resource busy

ARP linktype is set to 1 (ethernet) - expected ARPHRD_IEEE80211,
    ARPHRD_IEEE80211_FULL or ARPHRD_IEE80211_PRISM instead. Make sure RFMON is enabled: run 'airmon-ng start wlan0mon <#>'
    sysfs injection support was not found either.

If anyone can help, its majorly appreciated. I don't really know basics so if you could list them in steps. Thanks a bunch!

Hey there wh0watme, please make sure cali is detecting your wifi card with ifconfig, then if it it is run :
    airmon-ng check kill
    airmon-ng start WLAN#
    and the try using airodump-ng -i wlan#mon
    and if that doesn't work try reading :
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...light=AWUS036H