Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: VMR-MDK-K2-011x8.sh for Kali2.0

First of all, I am trying to configure this in Kali 2016.2. I didn't have any issues in 2016.1.

When trying to run "make" under /root/mdk3-v6/, I get the following error:

make -C osdep
    make[1]: Entering directory '/root/mdk3-v6/osdep'
    Building for Linux
    make[2]: Entering directory '/root/mdk3-v6/osdep'
    make[2]: 'os.Linux' is up to date.
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/mdk3-v6/osdep'
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/mdk3-v6/osdep'
    cc -g -03 -w mdk3.c osdep/libosdep.a -o mdk3 -Losdep -losdep -lpthread
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible osdep/libosdep.a when searching for -losdep
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -losdep
    collect2: error: ld returned exit 1 status
    Makefile:22: recipe for target 'mdk3' failed
    make: *** [mdk3] Error 1

Is there a fix?

To devilsadvocate

MTeams is sorry for the delay in answering however we had to reload a 2016R2 onto a HardDrive(HD) to see if the mdk3 version would install.

In a i386 HD install of 2016R2 we copied the mdk3-v6 folder to root

Then did the following commands

root@localhost:~# cd mdk3-v6

root@localhost:~/mdk3-v6# make

root@localhost:~/mdk3-v6# make install

root@localhost:~/mdk3-v6# mdk3

And the program ran fine

You probably do not have to do the make install as VMR-MDK runs the program from root so you can keep any newer versions of mdk3 on your computer and only run the Musket version from the folder in root if you want to run the -t probe request from the command line or with VMR-MDK. See the VMR-MDK help files that come with the download.

We see comments in this thread that this mdk3 version may not run in some kali linux versions. However for i386 it runs fine.

In closing remember the VMR-MDK process only works on a small number of routers. The help files tell you how to test for the vulnerability.

Musket Teams
    Last edited by mmusket33; 2016-11-23 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmusket33 View Post
    To devilsadvocate

MTeams is sorry for the delay in answering however we had to reload a 2016R2 onto a HardDrive(HD) to see if the mdk3 version would install.

In a i386 HD install of 2016R2 we copied the mdk3-v6 folder to root

Then did the following commands

root@localhost:~# cd mdk3-v6

root@localhost:~/mdk3-v6# make

root@localhost:~/mdk3-v6# make install

root@localhost:~/mdk3-v6# mdk3

And the program ran fine

You probably do not have to do the make install as VMR-MDK runs the program from root so you can keep any newer versions of mdk3 on your computer and only run the Musket version from the folder in root if you want to run the -t probe request from the command line or with VMR-MDK. See the VMR-MDK help files that come with the download.

We see comments in this thread that this mdk3 version may not run in some kali linux versions. However for i386 it runs fine.

In closing remember the VMR-MDK process only works on a small number of routers. The help files tell you how to test for the vulnerability.

Musket Teams
    Confirmed. Thanks.

I have to boot into the i386 version in order to compile. This seems to be an issue to take up with whoever maintains mdk3.

Hi,I tried the script but it stays on pin 99985677 or 90.90% and it does not advance what does it mean?

Got everything set up. for some reason it's not writing the config file in the VARMAC_CONFIG folder. When i get to the step to select the config file, it doesnt show me an option to select. And I opened the folder to check and its empty. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Thanks guys for all you do

Got it figured out. I didn't realize that vmr-mdk-k2-011x9.sh needed to be in root directly. I was running it out of the folder it was in.

Config folder move to root directory then try��
    Last edited by blackcat201; 2017-06-22 at 11:25 PM.

Please Mmusket33, new version of the Kali come with reaver version 1.6b and not more exist option -a, not work more with VMR-MDK-K2_011x8.
    Should I change to old version?
    There is a small error on the line 6071 of the VMR-MDK-K2_011x8 Where is it " sleep .1" I think it should be without the point.
    I had to change the lines 5224 and 5279 where is it the "xargs" for "xargs -0" Was giving error with some bssid.
    Last edited by dmatrix; 2017-06-24 at 03:29 PM.

To dmatrix

First thankyou for your comments

There is a newer version VMR-MDK-K2-2016R-011x9.zip The github link is at the beginning of this thread. We will be happy to correct any errors you find in the newer version and we have loaded your commentary into our bug file for checking.

For your own use you might edit all the reaver command lines embedded in xterm. Just make a copy of the file remove all the -a entries save and test

Again Thanx

Musket Teams
    Last edited by mmusket33; 2017-06-27 at 11:07 AM.

More bars from the router would help.