Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide:- Install any version of NVIDIA drivers on KALI SANA 2.0 (Solved)

Quote Originally Posted by snake_moreno View Post
    works for 525M.thanks
    I assume this implies you are on a laptop with both integrated [intel] and discrete [NVIDIA] graphics cards?
    Is there anything else you did?
    I am not having the same luck with my 650M.

Does it work for Nvidia Optimus too? Because i have already tried this guide without succes... (white screen error) and i was asking myself if it happened due to my fault...(i think it... )
    I have tried to install Nvidia 352 drivers.
    (Sorry for my really bad english grammar )

Am sorry for the querries being answered late.
    Quote Originally Posted by harry_arg View Post
    i have the same problem, more and less. I check and this happend because there is something wrong with the xorg.conf, before installing he driver there were no xorg.conf, if you rename it wthis problem will disapeard. But for me this open the door for new problems because i have nvidia optimus a nothing work right.
    Sihag do you have a computer with nvidia optimus system?
    No I don't have Optimus system but have you tried this guide or this one?

Quote Originally Posted by noliveira View Post
    I followed your guide, but it doesn't work with me. It doesn't let me install the drivers.

nvidia-installer.log
    Code:
    nvidia-installer command line:
        ./nvidia-installer
        -a

Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
    -> License accepted by command line option.
    -> Installing NVIDIA driver version 340.93.

ERROR: Installation has failed.  Please see the file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details.  You may find suggestions on fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com.
    Any ideas?
    Could you please post /var/log/nvidia-installer.log so to find out who is the exact culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by s2robbin View Post
    wil this guide work on a gtx 970 on kali 2.0
    It will surely work. What you need is the latest version of Nvidia Drivers from here. (64 bit drivers link)

Quote Originally Posted by hydratedscrub View Post
    I assume this implies you are on a laptop with both integrated [intel] and discrete [NVIDIA] graphics cards?
    Is there anything else you did?
    I am not having the same luck with my 650M.
    There is nothing else to do just download the drivers and follow the guide. (Link is of 64 bit drivers for 650M)

Quote Originally Posted by orasio2 View Post
    Does it work for Nvidia Optimus too? Because i have already tried this guide without succes... (white screen error) and i was asking myself if it happened due to my fault...(i think it... )
    It have tried to install Nvidia 352 drivers.
    (Sorry for my really bad english grammar )
    Please follow this Guide for it.
    Last edited by sihag; 2015-10-19 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Links updated.

Quote Originally Posted by sihag View Post
    It will surely work. What you need is the latest version of Nvidia Drivers from here. (64 bit drivers link)

There is nothing else to do just download the drivers and follow the guide. (Link is of 64 bit drivers for 650M)
    Sadly, no.
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ursor-of-Death
    I have documented EVERYTHING I am doing and can not find a solution.
    I recently realized my laptop is OPTIMUS enabled, so I followed the guide you linked but I also end up with blinking cursor
    CTRL+ALT+F1 shows that nouveau is off, NVIDIA is loaded (even though its not) and Bumblebee can't initialize.

Please follow this Guide for it.
    Already done, same problem... I have followed this guide for kali 1.1 and it used to work but it seem not to be working with kali 2.0.
    The only thing that seem to be near a solution is to install bumblebee-nvidia but in this way i have no access to nvidia-setting and it install an older version of nvidia driver then the "352.55" (latest for my GPU, nvidia 755m).
    (in my case i also need to install CUDA 7.5 and the drivers privided by bumblebee-nvidia are not compatible... D: )

I got the nvidia-340 driver loaded with this guide but it did fail on the first attempt because nouveau was still in use. I blacklisted nouveau and did a reboot then the installation went through. The only problem I have now is actually making use of the card.

Code:
    root@Eagle:~# lsmod | grep nvidia
    nvidia              10518528  41 
    drm                   274432  3 nvidia

root@Eagle:~# glxinfo | grep rendering
    direct rendering: Yes
        GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_NV_point_sprite, 
        GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_NV_point_sprite, 

root@Eagle:~# pyrit list_cores
    Pyrit 0.4.0 (C) 2008-2011 Lukas Lueg http://pyrit.googlecode.com
    This code is distributed under the GNU General Public License v3+

The following cores seem available...
    #1:  'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    #2:  'CPU-Core (SSE2)'
    So as you see my card is not showing up when I run <pyrit list_cores> I am assuming that I need nvidia-cuda-toolkit but am stuck trying to install it when I do

Code:
    aptitude install nvidia-cuda-toolkit nvidia-opencl-icd
    then the installation complains about a previous install and will not finish. The nvidia driver is definitely installed and working. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

anything about ati graphic drivers?

awsome please google it or search in this forum for ati graphic cards driver "learning by doing"

I'm about to set up my Virtual Machine using VMWare. I have read a lot of threads about people having these issues with the lovely Nvidia GPUs and I understand it's a driver issue. Running a Kali on VM, will I encounter these problems as well? If need be I can switch to my CPU with Intels awesome built in graphics (total sarcasm).

Update: VM works on a GTX 980M so far. Will test and post results if anyone is interested.