Thread: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 2.0 failed

Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 2.0 failed

Greetings:

I get the "Oh no" screen when booting. My sources are clean and only include the official repositories.

I'm getting "dependency failed for Open Vulnerability Assessment System Scanner Daemon" and "failed to start advanced key server" errors.

No amount of cleaning, updating, upgrading seems to work. I'm also getting the db5.1-util held back error. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

I failed to mention that I initially tried a clean install, however 2.0 would not boot from dvd or usb. I got the failure to load lib32 error. Secure boot and fast boot both disabled. I don't know what that's about.

So, I then had the bright idea to boot from the mini iso which could be burned to cd. Well, this finally worked, however, as I upgraded to the full distribution things fell apart. My grub loads twice (but works). I get all kinds of "firmware update needed errors" but the errored firmware works perfectly. Also, I got none of these errors in 1.1.0. Installed packages/apps won't load. I think I may have to wait for the next upgrade...

Download 2.0 iso file better , there is lot of bugs when u upgrade using commands from 1.1.0 to 2.0
    r00tv.org
    moosy.org
    telegram @bondbenz

The problem is with the redis-server package configuration file. schwermie posted a solution here which worked for me:

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...-sana%29/page2