Thread: Chromebook ASUS flip not booting in kali2.0 after rootfs resize attempt

Chromebook ASUS flip not booting in kali2.0 after rootfs resize attempt

I am using a 64GB SAMSUNG Sd card where I installed the kali image with Win32DiskImager on an ASUS Chromebook Flip.
    The image is kali-2.0-veyron.img
    The issue is that the image allow only 6 or 7GB on the FS partition leaving the rest of the space unusable.
    Of course when I tryied to install kali linux full I run out of space and couldn't complete the installation.
    I tryed to resize the FS with Gparted after having installed btrfs-tools but it doesn't work because after thie resize operation the sd card isnt bootable any more.
    I also tryed to use btrfs filesystem resize +xxgb /media/dev/sdb2 but I always get an error in relation to the size of the file being to big (no matter what size).

Ir seems I am not the only one with a similar issue on different Chromebook, unfortunately I couldn't find any workable solution so far (google, forum, ecc).
    I wander if there is the possibility to work directly on the kali-2.0-veyron.img image and change somehow the parameters which affect the size once dd'ed.
    I hope someone can point me to the right direction.

Same problem here. Haven't been able to figure it out. (samsung chromebook exynos in my case) Let me know if you figure it out. Thanks!

I am having the same problem. Asus Flip with Kali 2.1.2. Installs ok. Able to boot, but just enough space to install the Top 10 metapackage so I would like to expand rootfs to use the entire 64 gig SD card (or at least most of it). Tried connecting the SD card to a different laptop also running Kali (2016.1) and used gparted to expand rootfs. Appears to complete successfully but when I pop the card back into my Asus Fiip it will no longer boot off of the card. Any ideas?