Thread: compiling kwavecontrol (or alternative?)

compiling kwavecontrol (or alternative?)

I mainly use kwavecontrol (in BT5) as it's the least bothersome way I found to display the wifi link quality and it doesn't appear to use much CPU.

It's not in Kali, and this is probably because it uses qt3. I don't know anything about qt, but I read somewhere that qt3 and qt4 aren't compatible so that might be the problem.

Code:
    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
    So now I'm looking at either compiling qt3 (who knows what old dependencies will crop up there) or?

kwavecontrol use this tool effectively to writing and editing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mrzer0123 View Post
    kwavecontrol use this tool effectively to writing and editing, right?
    I don't understand your question. Maybe you should try your native tongue and have google translate.

I think I'm going back to backtrack 5. It's just a pain in the *** to get things ported over like aircrackgui M4 (the only aircrack front-end which didn't suck, and had broadcast mode). Any work I do with kali will be short-lived, as its repository will no doubt also go offline soon requiring me to go through this process all over again. With Kali 2 coming with systemd (I just found out), anyone suggesting kali is serious about security can be laughed off stage. What a joke

Unfortunately, bt5's repository went offline and so this is untenable. Not sure where I go from here, but I'm no glutton for punishment