Thread: I can't type on the "please unlock disk sda5_crypt" screen on my Kali encrypted LVM

I can't type on the "please unlock disk sda5_crypt" screen on my Kali encrypted LVM

I installed this yesterday and I've been having problems with this screen. I can't put in my password to unencrypt the computer. I can press enter and it will briefly allow me to type, but even if I manage to type my encryption password in time is just says "No key available with this passphrase" Now I'm assuming the passphrase isn't working because I have to hit enter before I can even try to type it. I'm thinking this is probably some sort of setting issue, but I'd really appreciate some help with it. Yesterday I kept hitting enter and trying to type really fast for the password and it eventually worked. I tried the same today and even when I manage to type the full password it's still not working, giving me the no key available message that I mentioned before.

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Anon6 View Post
    I installed this yesterday and I've been having problems with this screen. I can't put in my password to unencrypt the computer. I can press enter and it will briefly allow me to type, but even if I manage to type my encryption password in time is just says "No key available with this passphrase" Now I'm assuming the passphrase isn't working because I have to hit enter before I can even try to type it. I'm thinking this is probably some sort of setting issue, but I'd really appreciate some help with it. Yesterday I kept hitting enter and trying to type really fast for the password and it eventually worked. I tried the same today and even when I manage to type the full password it's still not working, giving me the no key available message that I mentioned before.
    I just installed Kali 2 on virtual box and ran through the installation.

Go ahead and type in your pass phrase. The input will not display, so it will look like you aren't typing anything. If you type in your pass phrase correctly, then it will boot.