Thread: Replacing Current Login Screen

Replacing Current Login Screen

After receiving errors from making loginscreen image changes and reinstalling I have came to a dead end on changing the current kali 2.0 login screen. Doing it with the previous versions was easy. Now I cant simply find out the image(s) that make up the login screen when booting up to sign in.

Most information I have read all proclaims to previous versions

finally found the image. It's in /gnome-shell/themes with KaliLogin.png as the name. Now I wasn't able to just delete the image and import another one with the same name/dimensions.
    I had to open up the original kali image in Gimp, then importhe image I want over the original kali login image. Making sure my image overlaps fully.
    Exported to png keeping the original dimensions the same
    Deleted the original image (after backing up), and replaced it with the new exported one (keeping the original name intact) and it worked!
    Kali 2 looks so nice now with a custom login screen and Xfce.

Surely there must be a more technical solution but this seemed to do the job just fine.

I try that and doesnt work. The thing is when I login the first time after a reboot the login image is black, but if I login and then I close the session, the image appears, but only in that time.

So weird, and so ilogic that somenthing apparently so simple it's so hard to do it.

I just did that and it worked. In gimp you must import KaliLogin.png and overwrite it with with your picture. and when you are saving it you must go File --> Overwrite KaliLogin.png

Thank you kali50

let me try that right now

Nothing, I can see it if I log on and then block, but the first time the log on screen apperas, always apperas on gray brackground.

The file it's ok. because appears on the lock on windows.

UPDATE: I GOT IT. You have to give permissions to all! if not I cant see it until i log in.

Thanks for all the help