Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Testers Wanted] New application/installation (feedback)

Please, post the links ASAP.

is this ready to be used? really want to get nethunter on my nexus 5 with CM 12.1!

very bad ***...and i really want to put it on note 4....but my PC went down for the count..so im really counting on update zip to flash ..

Hi Binkybear,

would like to beta-test as well if you dont mind.
    Nexus 5, lmy48M, twrp 2871

Have lots of time over the weekend to test

CM12.1 Nexus 5 New Nethunter Installer

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanxx1 View Post
    So its now working with cm 12.1?
    Hey there jonathanxx1.
    Yes, I am running CM 12.1 on my Nexus 5 and installed Nethunter with the new method. I compiled the kernel from this fork https://github.com/zaventh/kali-nethunter and then just swapped out the zimage to the correct path in my local https://github.com/offensive-securit...-fj/AnyKernel2 directory. I am relatively new at this but will try and contribute as best I can. (Sorry for the late reply I was out of town)

Cheers

I did not see if anyone is, but I will be working on porting to the Nexus 6 tonight at work. Please let me know if you guys have already made any progress with this.

I'm working on building the kernel right now. What are the exact modules that need to be enabled?

FYI - I pulled netinstaller-fj from GitHub and installed it on a Nexus 7 (2013) running a fresh flash of MRA58V, which I rooted with TWRP Multirom, SuperSU 2.46, and ElementalX-N7-5.05.
    Built it with build.py -d flo --marshmallow.
    Everything after rooting was working perfectly, but after installing NH 2.1 the prompt to allow a new computer connection over ADB never appears, and the "Revoke" previous ADB connections is gone from the developer menu.

I'd installed it earlier to mess with the kernel when I noticed that I couldn't get to ADB once the system had booted (TWRP and bootloader are fine), so I tried starting from scratch to see if/when it disappeared. It was fine up until the NH flash.
    ADB connections from before I flashed NH still work, but I can't add any new ones or revoke existing.

I'm trying to resolve it myself, but if anybody who actually knows what they're doing wants logs or output, let me know what you want and I'll post it.

----Update----

I was able to enable ADB for another system:

New system is my main workstation, Win7x64.
    I opened the ADB key file in C:\Users\[username]\.android\adbkey.pub and copied the RSA key.

Fortunately, my dev system is Kali, and I'd already established an ADB exchange before I installed Nethunter.
    I opened an ADB shell on that system (via Putty), opened /data/misc/adb/adb_keys with vi, and pasted in the Windows system key.
    Then I tested it by plugging the N7 into the Windows system, and I was able to get an ADB connection.

I still don't get the prompt to accept a new system, and the option for Revoking all existing connections is gone as well.
    Last edited by wsu78line; 2015-12-02 at 22:13. Reason: Update

i have a note 4...and im really wanting to run this kali 2.1 ..my computer is down for the count until i go purchase another pc....so im going crazy for your recovery flash file .is it available. ......

This looks awesome.. Cant wait to test it. - oneplus one cm 12.1. Thanks for your great work!!

I used AnyKernel2 with "python build.py -d shamu --marshmallow" on my Nexus 6 and installed the zip via TWRP. After reboot I did not see the Nethunter.apk installed. I tried manually to install the Nethunter.apk located in /data/app/ and I received a simple error page stating:

"Nethunter
    X App not installed"

I verified the kernel version
    3,10,20-g15269a3-dirty
    root@kali #3
    Sat Nov 28 22:05:02 UTC 2015

Any suggestion where to go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by rfrogman View Post
    I used AnyKernel2 with "python build.py -d shamu --marshmallow" on my Nexus 6 and installed the zip via TWRP. After reboot I did not see the Nethunter.apk installed. I tried manually to install the Nethunter.apk located in /data/app/ and I received a simple error page stating:

"Nethunter
    X App not installed"

I verified the kernel version
    3,10,20-g15269a3-dirty
    root@kali #3
    Sat Nov 28 22:05:02 UTC 2015

Any suggestion where to go from here?
    First of all, are you sure nethunter.apk is built inside your zip after compilation??
    if Yes, have you flashed back to the factory image 6.0.1 first?
    if Yes, is your twrp the latest version?
    if Yes, did you install supersu suggested by twrp? because when installing the zip file, it mentioned that don't install supersu via twrp as supersu is included inside the zip. this may cause some affects.

If you did nothing wrong and still having this kind of issue, you may try my zip file first:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...01RMnhpb3pLRmc
    I built it a few days ago, and should be working fine as I am using this build. See whether it works for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by simonpunk2016 View Post
    First of all, are you sure nethunter.apk is built inside your zip after compilation??
    if Yes, have you flashed back to the factory image 6.0.1 first?
    if Yes, is your twrp the latest version?
    if Yes, did you install supersu suggested by twrp? because when installing the zip file, it mentioned that don't install supersu via twrp as supersu is included inside the zip. this may cause some affects.

If you did nothing wrong and still having this kind of issue, you may try my zip file first:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...01RMnhpb3pLRmc
    I built it a few days ago, and should be working fine as I am using this build. See whether it works for you or not.
    Thank you for the reply. The answer to your question is "yes". I believe the root cause of my issues were a conflict with the old NetHunter from my lollipop build before I upgraded to marshmallow. After flashing stock, re-rooting (required the ElementalX-N6-3.07 kernel to keep from getting the "device is corrupt" warning), and re-installing my nethunter.zip, I now have the NetHunter app.

NetHunter was able to build the chroot. My initial testing of WiFite with my TPlink seems to have failed. WiFite launches and initiates the TPlink but it does not return anything during scanning. I check airmon-ng which reports the TPlink is using the mac driver. I get the same results with kismet and airodump fails to initiate mon0. I will have to wait until Monday to try my alfa card since I left them at the office.

I have a nexus 7 2013 LTE razorg and I'd like to test 2.1 l also have two nexus 5. One with CM 12.1 and the other stock 6.0.1

I have several wireless and Bluetooth adapters to test with using my otg power Y and regular otg cable
    Last edited by woundedoutlaw; 2016-01-06 at 11:21.