Thread: Install Wireless Adapter Assistance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Install Wireless Adapter Assistance

I finally figured how to install kali linux and boot it up. Now the problem is my laptop's default wireless card doesn't support monitor mode and so I ordered a TP-LINK T2UH AC600.
    The problem is that I have no idea how to install it. I've looked up articles, howtos, and just general info on installations and I can't figure out how to install it.
    Of course, I've looked up their website and downloaded the driver for linux.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/A...UH.html#Driver

Now the problem lies with how do I use the file provided because linux isn't like windows where you just have one setup.exe to run you through everything (Meaning there are just tons of files in there that don't make any sense to me).
    Also I don't know if my adapter was supposed to be automatically detected without installing anything? Just plug n play ya know.
    Any information would on how to install would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Okay, so I'm not totally sure if this is correct but I need to compile something to make the driver work? I looked up my specific adapter and it shows that kali linux has a probable chance of being compatible. In the end it might not even be compatible and I might have to order a new adapter. Hopefully this is not the case and i'm sadly still waiting for anyone who can provide any info on my situation.
    Last edited by Auxh; 2015-09-30 at 01:10. Reason: Update