Thread: New Alfa awus036ach help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi guys!
    @ undersc0re
    I think that it would have been enough just to "apt autoremove dkms" too after removing the module rtl81xxau in order to totally get rid off anything linked to the old drivers.
    Glad to know that you got there!
    Did you noticed too that the USB is working much more "fluently" with this drivers?
    @ Soledge
    If you installed the dkms package previously, try to remove dkms itself and restart your system.

Quote Originally Posted by kcdtv View Post
    Hi guys!
    @ undersc0re
    I think that it would have been enough just to "apt autoremove dkms" too after removing the module rtl81xxau in order to totally get rid off anything linked to the old drivers.
    Glad to know that you got there!
    Did you noticed too that the USB is working much more "fluently" with this drivers?
    @ Soledge
    If you installed the dkms package previously, try to remove dkms itself and restart your system.
    Yes working much better! Just have to start it to monitor mode manually for things but no big deal! Thanks for the tips.

what is everyone getting for tx power in monitor mode using the new branch astsam drivers installed? I get 12 db as installed with no modifications after.
    is it lower tx while testing so the usb is not overloaded?
    Last edited by undersc0re; 2017-05-16 at 19:00.