Thread: Missing Wireless Firmware During Installation

Missing Wireless Firmware During Installation

Hello,

I am getting the following error message while the installer tries to connect to the internet:

Some of your hardware needs non-free firmware files to operate. The firmware can be loaded from removable media, such as a USB stick or floppy.

The missing firmware files are: ath10k/cal-pci-0000:01:00.0.bin ath10k/QCA6174/hw2.1/firmware-4.bin ath10k/QCA6174/hw2.1/firmware-3.bin ath10k/QCA6174/hw2.1/firmware-2.bin ath10k/QCA6174/hw2.1/board.bin

If you have such media available now, insert it, and continue.

I have tried downloading the firmware from https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware but could only find the board.bin file in the ath10k directory and a file called firmware-5.bin (while the installation seems to look for 2, 3 and 4 but not 5). I have recreated the ath10k folder hierarchy (from the website mentioned) into the firmware folder of the bootable USB stick that I am using, but all in vain.

The installation seem to ask for the same files again.
    Is there a solution for this or another site where I can find those files?
    I am using a Killer 1525 Wireless Card on an Alienware 13 laptop already loaded with Windows 10.

Appreciate your help on this as I don't even have access to a wired connection.

Ram-

I too am having the same problem. I'm pretty sure the issue is the missing 'cal-pci-0000:00.0.bin'. I have searched everywhere for this file but to no avail. Did you try Backports yet, and if so did you have any luck?