Thread: Wifite menu options issue

Wifite menu options issue

Hey guys,
    Quick background...I installed Kali Nethunter on my Nexus 5 running 5.1.1. Once installed I updated the Kali chroot. Everything seems to be working well except the menu for Wifite.

I launch the Kali Launcher and open a terminal to put my external adapter into monitor mode.
    Than I launch the kali menu in terminal and am presented with a numbered list of options to choose. I choose [1] Wireless Attacks.
    I then select [1] Wifite and am brought to the Wifite quick select list. This is where the problems occur.

No matter what I select from the list, nothing works. I don't get any errors on screen either. I see the wifite ASCII antenna for a fraction of a second and it brings me back to the same menu. This happens regardless of what option I select. Has anybody ran into this issue at all? Any suggestions?

I also cannot put my adapter into monitor mode via wifite either, but I can work around it by using airmon-ng. Just thought i'd mention it in case the issues are related.

Cheers,
    AD89

Ive got the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Already_Dead89 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Quick background...I installed Kali Nethunter on my Nexus 5 running 5.1.1. Once installed I updated the Kali chroot. Everything seems to be working well except the menu for Wifite.

I launch the Kali Launcher and open a terminal to put my external adapter into monitor mode.
    Than I launch the kali menu in terminal and am presented with a numbered list of options to choose. I choose [1] Wireless Attacks.
    I then select [1] Wifite and am brought to the Wifite quick select list. This is where the problems occur.

No matter what I select from the list, nothing works. I don't get any errors on screen either. I see the wifite ASCII antenna for a fraction of a second and it brings me back to the same menu. This happens regardless of what option I select. Has anybody ran into this issue at all? Any suggestions?

I also cannot put my adapter into monitor mode via wifite either, but I can work around it by using airmon-ng. Just thought i'd mention it in case the issues are related.

Cheers,
    AD89

same, ive always had to just airmon-ng then run wifite. Not that big of a deal but a bug none the less

I'm finding the bug now in other menus as well. Almost any selection brings me back to the main menu. I mean, I don't mind typing in all the commands via the Kali terminal. It just kind of defeats the purpose of having a menu to begin with. I've tried to do a nice fresh install, still have the same issues occurring.