Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pwnstar9.0 for kali2.0 has been released for general use

Hi Mmusket333 - I do enjoy your scripts. They are helping me while I learn various things about my home router. I am having some trouble with the version of PwnSTAR I'm using. I believe I have the K2mv2-6. The issue I am having is creating a MITM with internet access.

A couple of things I can't seem to pinpoint;

1. It launches 2 APs. One named Default and the other the ESSID I specify.
    2. No internet access is given, and when given the option of choosing which option out of 3, I choose number 3 "Give Internet access and sniff". I keep getting the error (Option not available in this attack mode). Happens when trying to use a Honey Pot as well.
    3. The DHCP client error I'm getting - tail:unrecognized file system type for /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases - not sure if this is why my connected clients can't get internet

Once I get through this I'll be able to move onto the next step

Would it be possible to get the beta script to test that out?

To: rexii

First None of your items have anything to do with errors in Pwnstar9.0

1. The 2 APs is a bug in aircrack. This bug has been corrected in newer versions. So update/upgrade your installation and this should go away. For reference see aircrack-ng forums although there are some commentary here in kali under airbase-ng

2. To use item 3 you must provide internet access. You state no internet access given

3. The tail unrecognized file system type is a bug in tail AND will have NO effect on anything just ignore it. If you want details just google tail and the warning. When we issue the newer Pwnstar which we are working on at present a comment about tail warning errors has already been added to the menu texts.

MTeams
    Last edited by mmusket33; 2016-06-28 at 02:47 PM.

i think no internet access because when start pwnstar all wlan will disconect , if we use LAN cable .. it will still have internet connection and can give internet access to victim..

Quote Originally Posted by mmusket33 View Post
    To: rexii

First None of your items have anything to do with errors in Pwnstar9.0

1. The 2 APs is a bug in aircrack. This bug has been corrected in newer versions. So update/upgrade your installation and this should go away. For reference see aircrack-ng forums although there are some commentary here in kali under airbase-ng

2. To use item 3 you must provide internet access. You state no internet access given

3. The tail unrecognized file system type is a bug in tail AND will have NO effect on anything just ignore it. If you want details just google tail and the warning. When we issue the newer Pwnstar which we are working on at present a comment about tail warning errors has already been added to the menu texts.

MTeams
    Oh I see! I thought they were errors in the script interacting with my distribution. thank you so much for clarifying that! I really appreciate it.

Yes I do realise I need to offer internet for item three, but I can't get the internet flowing, and I assumed originally it was the tail bug in the dhcp window. Learner Driver here! I am still trying to get the internet working through item three. Keeps telling me that the attack is not available in that mode.

Will practice more! Thanks MTeams!

To: R.3volv3.R and rexiii

Reference internet access

Suggest you download Netmanmac and turn off all your connect automatically setting. Also you must spoof your internet connected device thru Network Manager menus only.

If you use airmon-ng check kill you loose the ability to connect to the internet. Using service commands like service NetworkManager restart WILL NOT restore full function to your Network Manager menu. The only way to restore full function is to reboot the computer.

If you do not use airmon-ng check kill BUT type service NetworkManager restart to initialize new mac addresses or autoconnect settings you will again loose full function of Network Manager and again you must reboot the computer.

MTeams has noticed that unless the internet access is strong a web page will not be seen. If you select the HTTPS pass thru then either the web page is seen or the program constantly tries to load a page.

MTeams cannot test wired interfaces and are interested in any reports

Suggest you test 9a first and then 3.

You cannot run portions of this script using kali 2016R. The current version is for kali 2.0

We have spent more time coding around Network Manager then actually writing any other code.

MTeams

To rexiii

MTeams is working on a newer version of Pwnstar9 that would support kali2016.

We found that internet access could not be provided when using kali2016R. Our RV group suspected Apache2 so we tried

apt-get install apache2

A few files were loaded and after that internet access was again up and running.

So if you are using 9a and no internet access is seen try the apt-get install routine.

MTeams

mmusket33,

I have been a long time reader of these forums and one of the reasons I have joined is to say a huge thanks to you for your posts on this forum.

Also thank you for the work you do on the scripts you freely provide. You make Kali more usable for the average guy.

Please keep up the good work as I am sure many more people really appreciate your efforts.

Keeping DNS internet link active thru the Captive portal in the musket version of Pwnstar9

When running the Captive portal selections 9a and 3 in the musket version of Pwnstar 9.0, a internet connection is required. Without the connection the phishing page will not run nor will the HTTPS-HTTP trap function.

The trap allows the phish to access the internet when a HTTPS request is made BUT if a HTTP is made the phishing page is provided,

MTeams is currently updating Pwnstar9 for kali rolling R2 and WPA Phishing. Until this update is released suggest when using the captive portal selections 9a and 3, users run the following in a terminal window if 9a or 3 are selected.

while true; do ping -c 1 www.google.com; killall -q ping; sleep 1; ping -c 1 www.facebook.com; killall -q ping; sleep 1; done

If you wish to launch in an xterm window then

xterm -g 80x5+0-0 -T "DNS REsponse Test" -e "while true; do ping -c 1 www.google.com; killall -q ping; sleep 1; ping -c 1 www.facebook.com; killall -q ping; sleep 1; done"

The xterm window will be seen in the lower lefthand corner of the screen

This doesnot apply to selection 4 in the Pwnstar menu which does not use the captive portal.

Musket Teams