Thread: My Favorites bar and application drop down menu is gone.

My Favorites bar and application drop down menu is gone.

So the little side bar on my desktop that displays my favorite apps and the application drop down menu that use to be in the top left is gone. I was rendering a video and my screen got covered by this white message saying something along the lines of "Something went wrong Utilities have been disabled as a precaution" that is probably not exact words but thats basically what it said, anyways the only option I had was to click the log out button at the bottom of this page thing. So of course I clicked it and restarted my laptop. Now I logged in and the only button I have in the top left is activities. If I clicked activities I can still access all of my apps and terminal and what not, but it's much easier when my most used stuff is right there without having to click activities in the top left. I went into settings and clicked them all did not see where to re-enable these features.

tl;dr: My applications drop down menu and my favorites bar on my desktop have been disabled through some kali error. I would like to know how to re-enable them. Thank you.

EDIT: Ah so I found what I was looking for in the tweak tool. I really need to look harder before I post, my apologies. Anyways I'd still like to know what was up with that error but I suppose it's really not all that important.
    Last edited by maiki; 2016-10-05 at 15:32. Reason: Merge posts

I am having the same issue except mine occured after an update. Please help!