Thread: How do I open Tamper Data in Iceweasel

How do I open Tamper Data in Iceweasel

Hello, I have Kali Linux 2 32-bit installed as a VM (Workstation 12 Pro) and Windows 10 as a Host. I am watching a Video for CEH v8 from CBT-Nuggets. It instructed me to add Tamper Data and FoxyProxy on IceWeasel (The video actually uses Firefox.) FoxyProxy works fine, but I'm not able to launch Tamper Data. In the Video, it shows "File, Edit, View, etc..." at the top of Firefox. My Iceweasel does not show these options (He uses these to open Tamper Data.) I tried installing Firefox but it doesn't show them either. Under Add-Ons it shows Tamper Data and I can enable and disable it. How do I open Tamper Data? I'm attaching a screenshot of Iceweasel. Please respond. Thanks

Tamper Data.jpg
    Tamper Data 2.jpg

Mike go to "pref" top right corner click on 'customize' bottom left, enable tool bar. 'Tamper data' should now be usable from tools..

^fac51

Hi, Thanks for the help! It worked, that was easy. Now it says Tamper Data is incompatible with Iceweasel 31.8.0. Any ideas on how to get it working. A new browser or an old one? Thanks again

I just tried it out and it worked fine for me, I did update everything beforehand though. I didn't check the 'Iceweasel' version though.

^fac51

Hi it's me. Success! I updated Iceweasel to 38.3.0 and Tamper Data works. Thanks for the help!