Thread: Kali 2.0 Blank Screen after install

Kali 2.0 Blank Screen after install

So i am using a hp pavilion dv6000 and i know that this computer is old but im just trying to make the most out of this computer. So i went through the basic process of installing this and following every step as i was told too. Then after successfully installing GRUB it says i need to reboot my system, so i do so but when the computer comes back up nothing shows up. Its just a blank screen with a blinking cursor and nothing happens. Im not to sure if its a driver problem or not but can somebody please help me? This computer has an intel centrino CPU, i think this has an intel graphics card if not than its an nvidia card. Im sorry for not knowing what exactly the graphics card is and for being fairly new to this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscenities View Post
    So i am using a hp pavilion dv6000 and i know that this computer is old but im just trying to make the most out of this computer
    it is not old. it is too old for Kali and most OS.

try using a lite version of kali, i am sure it will help

because kali 2.0 full version needs atleast 2 gb of ram and a core 2 duo processor to work normally, in your case 512 mb of ram and a sempron family processor is not enough

Quote Originally Posted by Indolent View Post
    because kali 2.0 full version needs atleast 2 gb of ram and a core 2 duo processor to work normally, in your case 512 mb of ram and a sempron family processor is not enough
    No my computer has 4Gb of ram and a fairly good processor i do believe its a double core 2.5Ghz. Ive done a few minor upgrades to this old things internal hardware so it was made to support Windows 7. Its just that the harddrive thats on it had a minor virus problem so all I did, not too sure it fixed anything really, was completely wipe the harddrive and start new. So i figured id give this linux a try. But i have no idea why this install wont work properly. I found out that during the mirror step of the install i did click No but i had too because something on it was failing. Like it couldnt find the proper files or something.

I am apology for my first post. i was reading this post about hp dv6000 specs
    http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-dv6000/specs/
    and with that specs your computer is limited supported by most OS.
    if you have "4Gb of ram and a fairly good processor i do believe its a double core 2.5Ghz"
    then read this post how to install it on the system
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...-Kali-2-0-Sana