Thread: After Instaling kali, can no longer see Windows partition. Please help.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb After Instaling kali, can no longer see Windows partition. Please help.

Hello..

From a week i downloaded Kali linux..

Then i thought about installing it,

so i burned it to a CD and then ran it from boot and worked,, then followed the Setup steps, then it asked me a Partition step where it installs the kali, i just clicked Enter and ignored it like a noob..
    I have on this Hard disk Windows 7 And Very important files, I used to have two Partitions C: & D:

Then i opened my laptop for the first time after installing the Kali linux and Found a Black screen and a small like like this " - " Blinking.. and nothing happens.... Then i restarted it but i've put in the CD that i installed Kali linux in it and it works... so Kali linux worked,, But My Windows 7 doesn't work! i dont even see windows 7 option or anything, i just see the black " - " blinking sign..

Then i was so scared and thought my two partition are delete.. thought about using Windows 7 CD to repair windows 7 .. and it can't do anything, Tried go install new Windows, Found two Partitions Named stupid names, but cant Install windows on it because it's not NTFS Format, Tried to Format them but even cant format any of them, Yeah and the both Partitions tells me Free space 0KB ... And the rest are used.

Please, is there a way to restore my data? and also my Windows.. Most important thing is to restore my Files, I had two Partitions one C: (windows) D: (My files)
    i dont think it deleted both, but i cant open both of them,,,

Please help me these files are very important things for me. i know i was stupid.
    Last edited by haken29a; 2015-10-21 at 18:37. Reason: Title