Thread: Kali Linux 2 Installation Problem. [Help]

Kali Linux 2 Installation Problem. [Help]

Hey there,
    I'm trying to install Kali linux 2 ( Sana ) On Vmware,
    After i completed and finish the installation i cant login ( Cant see/reach the login screen ) It show as a black screen.
    First i thought its loading and it take some time to load and start up but i have been waiting 4-5 Hours and it still shows the black screen,
    I have tried Both iso X64 and x86 Both not working, I also tried to install it on a new Hdd and make it as my main Os but... I got the same problem too.
    I was looking for Kali 1.1.0 Version so i can install it and then Update to kali sana but i cant find it anymore,

Someone help me or just post a link for Kali 1.1.0 Iso.
    Thanks Buddies.

Hi, I have installation problems as well

I updated to el capitan yesterday ( on macbook air 14) and I and then decided to install Kali, and it's been one problem after another, so far nothing has gone the way it's supposed to. Without going too much into details, some of which include ( problems downloading Refind, booting the iso image onto USB and etc. I think I managed to do that.

So now I try to reboot my mac, after the refind page shows up I plug-in the usb and I get only one volume The Legacy OS one) and the guide for installing linux says try installing rEFInd and try again, but I already have refind.

I try to boot the legacy folder and it says:

Starting the Legacy Loader
    Using Load Options USB
    Error: Not Found while loading legacy loader

Make sure u have the latest firmware update installed
    *Hit any key to continue*

Any help is appreciated I'm really getting frustrated trying to install Kali, first time though.

P.S. There is a very high probability I've messed up somewhere before, because as I said, I've been running into almost every problem out there, googling, and trying to go around it, most of the time not even sure what I am doing, so... I may have messed smth up on the way.

Thank you in advance

RainMan

I have the exact same installation issue I install Kali Linux 2 and then right after its done I get a black screen... Does anyone know how to fix this?Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg