Thread: Kali 2.0 AMD64 boot menu, no keyboard response

Kali 2.0 AMD64 boot menu, no keyboard response

So I just got my Kali 2.0 live USB working on Wednesday, hooked it up again today, and when I got to the screen asking me which boot option I want (Live, Live USB persistence, etc) my USB keyboard doesn't work. Can't move up or down or select the Live (amd64) option it defaults to. Half the time the selected item jumps on its own to the Advanced Options at the bottom.

I have ruled out no USB power since the backlights are on and I enabled USB before OS in the BIOS settings. I have also ruled out it being the one keyboard, as I've tried 2 others with the same result. Ditto for USB ports, tried them all with no luck.

Taking the live USB to my laptop, it works just fine. Built-in keyboard let me scroll up and down and enter the Live (amd64) boot option. I also reformatted and rewrote the entire live USB to rule out it being the problem.

Is USB devices not working on the boot menu a known issue, or am I just having some strange problems? It worked fine on Wednesday, keyboard and all, but now (3 days later) it's not. Pls help.

first once again check all usb settings in BIOS is they are enabled.
    also you can by cheep usb to ps/2 adapter and use your keyboard on ps/2 port

Checked the USB settings, all good. Checked all the ports, no luck. And my computer doesn't have a PS/2 port, too new for that. Nothing but USB connections for peripherals to use.