Thread: Since updating to 2.0, neither of my Alfa cards are working..

Since updating to 2.0, neither of my Alfa cards are working..

Hey all,

So i just got around to updating to kali 2.0. It looks great and i was excited to use it, until i had all these issues with my wifi dongles. I have both an NHA and an NH. Neither work for me in kali. Half of the time they wont show up as an interface at all, but when i can get one recognized, i put it into monitor mode and then run an injection test, i get an error that there is nothing in monitor mode.

I tried using wifite instead to get around possible issues, which works for about 10min or so until the my dongle is just not recognized anymore until i reboot kali.

Is this a known issue? Is there something i can do to fix this? I had zero issues with both Alfas in previous versions of kali. It is very frustrating, so any help or input is appreciated. Thank you

Also i am not using a VM. I am booting to kali from a live usb.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution, but...OH NOOOOOOO lol don't say that I just ordered an Alpha adapter!! Which one do you have? Maybe it's a driver issue, or when was the last time you updated/upgraded kali, and maybe the aircrack suite..just throwing out ideas.

I noticed some odd behavior with my Alfa AWUS036H when I went to Kali 2. I turned off the airplane mode first, did airmon-ng check kill, then used airmon-ng to put the card in monitor mode. That worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    I noticed some odd behavior with my Alfa AWUS036H when I went to Kali 2. I turned off the airplane mode first, did airmon-ng check kill, then used airmon-ng to put the card in monitor mode. That worked for me.
    What device do you have?
    On my nexus 7 2013 android 5.0 nethunter 2.0 my Alfa AWUS036NH doesn,t work. The light urn on and still on, thats all.

Plz help!

My primary laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad L530. I've also used my Alfa card on a Dell Inspiron 1530 laptop, with the same results (had to turn off airplane mode before running airmon-ng check kill, then the card went into monitor mode ok).

I've never run Kali on anything but a desktop computer, or laptop.