Thread: Dual boot Nethunter & marshmallow?

Dual boot Nethunter & marshmallow?

is it possible? what would be the easiesr way to do this?

i am very new to android, got some nexus devices just to play with nethunter. since it seems like i cant update android in nethunter, maybe i could dual boot android 6 and nethunter/5.1.1 on my nexus 6 (kinda like i do windows/kali on my laptop) and keep marshmallow updated snd only use NH for pentesting. how could i accomplish this, or the like?

Name Taken Guest
    Use MultiROM to multi-boot as many ROMs as you storage allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Taken View Post
    Can this be done without losing data if Nethunter 5.1.1 is already installed? I'm using a Nexus 6 LYZ28E and I used Odin to root (if that helps at all). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Taken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coldflames View Post
    Can this be done without losing data if Nethunter 5.1.1 is already installed? I'm using a Nexus 6 LYZ28E and I used Odin to root (if that helps at all). Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I just tried to install Nethunter on my nexus 5 with MarshMallow on it by using MultiRom. I intended to have MM and NH both at the same time.

After i install MarshMallow i tried to install MultiRom - ok no problem so far, both installed successfully (and my phone is rooted)- then i install Elementalx and Beta SU script in multirom -again everything is completed without problem and so far so good- when multirom asks to reboot system and tapped "Yes" button "Boooom" Marshmallow never come up again. Whatever i do, i lost the internal system. Then i investigated why this happens and i found a point: file system that MultiRom uses F2FS and by default (or after TWRP installation) file system is Ext4. So, i applied the solution and formatted /Data and /cache to F2FS then try to install it again. However, with 6.0.1 it didnt work and installation failed in every try.

Now, i decided to try it with lollipop (v5.1.1) and thats the most recent version supported by MultiRom. And i have high hopes
    will try and let you know the result.