Hi all,

I asked this question over on the hashcat forum and I probably have my reliable "no" answer, but it never hurt to get the benefit of others' experiences.

I have been using cracking tools and kali a little while now casually, and I am familiar with tools like hashcat, jtr and pyrit.
I've also started using Kali's crunch, wifite, fern, etc.

So this is general question applicable to all the collective attack tools.

I am testing cracking on a wpa2 wireless network hash, and one thing that would be extremely useful in a brute-force attack is if any of these tools could discern the actual, specific length of the target password- i.e, "10 characters", "25 characters", etc., so one could know and plan the attack accordingly.
In other words, if one knew that the length was exactly 12 characters, they would know ahead that they would be brute-force guessing a max possible 95^12 (or 5.4 x10^23) guesses.
Then they might try different things to be successful: speed the attempts up, pare down the guesses, find multi-cpu more conducive machines, and so forth.

Is that possible with any of the tools?
It's one thing to have to make a discreet 95^12 or 95^25 guesses, but another to have to perform them all from scratch in a range, like 95^12 +95^11+....95^25, adding up their individual times.

Thanks ahead!