I have just installed kali linux since a very long time , maybe since 1.1.0 , because at that time kernel was buggy and my pc was simply freezing from minute to minute , I didn't had the will to troubleshot. Now I see that it's very updated and works like a charm , but here comes the problem. I managed to install Nvidia linux drivers for my very old now GT 9500 , and the cuda packages from their website. Upon trying to do a -b (benchmark) to see if it works ok , hashcat tells me that my videocard is not cuda supported and terminates. On the nvidia website on the other hand I have found that my videocard should support cuda , and even on the hashcat supported cards list the same. The drivers I installed from nvidia is the latest legacy .run linux driver and should have cuda 6.5 (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/drive...px/91217/en-us) , and the hashcat version is also the latest . Even if my videocard has a CC of 1.1 or maybe less which is very very low because it's also very old , I wonder if it's still possible to use and try cudahashcat , maybe downgrading the nvidia drivers to a older one? or the hashcat version ? surfing on many forums I have found someone saying that maybe the drivers with cuda 6.0 should still work because my videocard at the time wasn't banned for being outdated and with too low CC. I opened a thread for this question because downgrading the drivers , even if it's as simple as using the nvidia-driver-cleanup , last time it frozed and I had to reinstall the distro :/ . If anyone has any advice or idea I will gladly listen to , I am a IT student at the moment , and I like trying everything at least once and study how it works .
Thank you for your time.