Thread: Bootable encrypt USB on MAC

Question Bootable encrypt USB on MAC

Hello! I have been struggling to this working for a few weeks now, finally decided to ask the pros here :-) I have a MacBook Pro 'Yosemite'. I burned Kali 2.0 to a CD and pressed the option key (Mac would not find the CD as bootable) So I installed rEFInd bootload onto my USB drive, and was able to use that to boot the CD.

After I install Kali with encrypt partition, it deleted my rEFInd partition on the USB Drive. I was able to see the "Kali 2.0...." in the bootlaoder by installing rEFInd on my mac (End goal is to NOT have it installed on the host box, but for testing, I installed it). I selected Kali, the bootloader said loading... 5 min later, still loading (nothing to see on screen but the bootload saying loading).

Not sure what I'm doing wrong... Here what I'm trying to do...

disk5 (usb drive - 64 GB)
    disk5s1 (bootable rEFInd - 5 MB) ** I only assume this is needed so i can boot Kali on my mac... not 100% sure it's even needed
    disk5sN (What ever Kali needs for encryped drive - All free space)
    disk5sN (10 GB FAT32 so I can send files if needed with windows / mac / linux)

During install of 2.0, if I leave disk5s1 bootable with rEFInd it won't let me move forward with the partitions. It gives an error about to many bootable partions...

Any help would be great!

Anyone have any good ideas?