Thread: Complicated problem when running live version without ethernet cable

Angry Complicated problem when running live version without ethernet cable

Hello!

I'm really new at this type of community, I've downloaded Kali 3 days ago. At first view, i downloaded the Kali mini, that weights a lot loss than the complete one. I liked the interface and tools, so i decided to download the complete one. I downloaded it, burned into a USB and tried to run the Live version. but an error appears, it says
    Oh no! Something has gone wrong. A problem has occured and the system can't recover
    I searched on google the error on google, and found that i needed to click CNTRL+ALT+F1, i clicked and typed
    apt-get install x-window-system
    command as the tutorial said.
    The tutorial also said that i needed a Internet connection, i do not have a Cable Internet, i only have a Realtek wifi adapter.
    These errors are really frustrating me, I'd appreciate if someone helped.

Thanks!
    Last edited by haken29a; 2015-11-16 at 18:21. Reason: Title

Quote Originally Posted by Nicogremio View Post
    Hello!

I'm really new at this type of community, I've downloaded Kali 3 days ago. At first view, i downloaded the Kali mini, that weights a lot loss than the complete one. I liked the interface and tools, so i decided to download the complete one. I downloaded it, burned into a USB and tried to run the Live version. but an error appears, it says
    I searched on google the error on google, and found that i needed to click CNTRL+ALT+F1, i clicked and typed command as the tutorial said.
    The tutorial also said that i needed a Internet connection, i do not have a Cable Internet, i only have a Realtek wifi adapter.
    These errors are really frustrating me, I'd appreciate if someone helped.

Thanks!
    This is why you should do research before attempting anything , there is a lot of BS out there , Either you don't know what you are doing at all when using Unetbooting to copy the Kali files on your usb for a DualBoot or whatever other program you have that turns your usb into a portable iso. or you do not know how to follow instructions " you are NEW at kali " therefore mistakes are made. Best thing for you to do , is go back to kali , DOWNLOAD the correct arcitechture of kali for your PC to use , Boot up your computer , change the boot mode and install kali linux over again. you are simply just doing something wrong