Thread: encrypted dual boot

encrypted dual boot

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a very specific kind of problem.
    i am attempting to set up an encrypted dual boot with Windows and Kali. I started by installing Windows 7, since I have found that it causes problems when you install Kali first. Everything was set up fine until I started to encrypt Windows. I encrypted my Kali partition as it was installed so that went fine, and the bootloader had no issue with it. But, once I encrypted my Windows half with Veracrypt, I find that the Veracrypt bootloader is not even able to locate the encrypted volume on which Kali is installed. So, at this point I can only use Windows, which sucks because this half of the computer is mainly intended for gaming and other entertainments. I set up Windows as my "play" half and Kali as my "work" half. And let me say while I am here that Kali is a great all-purpose system. Although it is intended for a specific purpose (hacking), and I don't really get into that, I find that it is a very stable and secure distro, and that is just what I am looking for. I am concerned about the possibility of someone hacking my financial information and/or intellectual property, so I want to do all my online business and creative stuff on a system that is as secure as I can make it.
    So anyway, I am really needing to know how I can get the Veracrypt bootloader to recognize Kali so that I can use both again. If this is not possible, I would be very grateful to hear any workarounds or alternatives.

Hi , if you mean to show boot mode for Windows and Linux , just when you turn On you Computer , press few times F12 button on your keyboard , and you will get Sucssefully Dual Boot , just in case you installed Linux Corectly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonyms View Post
    Hi , if you mean to show boot mode for Windows and Linux , just when you turn On you Computer , press few times F12 button on your keyboard , and you will get Sucssefully Dual Boot , just in case you installed Linux Corectly ...
    It depends on the pc you have , mine is f2 to enter the BIOS and change the boot mode from UEFI to csm