Thread: Kali linux and usb armory

Kali linux and usb armory

Hey I wanted to know if anyone has successfully installed kali linux on the usb armory and was able to ssh into it and if so could you post your steps thanks. I am running ubuntu 15.10. I was able to get a kernel heartbeat and get ubuntu to see the ethernet connection but when I try to ssh i get connection refused. Any help would be great thanks.

Well here is a little up date, I was able to ssh into kali on the usb armory but at the cost of my internet connection. I am seriously confused. I shut down network-manager and changed the ip to 10.42.0.3 like its noted and I added it to my interface file.

I restarted the networking service then network-manager and my internet connection went from wireless to wired. I was then able to ssh in but neither my computer or kail had a working connection. If anyone knows how to fix this do tell please because I am at my wits end. Thank you.

hello, i have been trying to replicate your issue:

-which version of usbarmory image you used ? actually is live the kali-2.0.1
    -commad you issue to get the image into microsds card ? dd if=kali-2.0.1 of=/dev/sdb bs=512k ?

Thanks

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post that I'm having the same problem on a Mac host. My image used is kali-2.1.2-usbarmory.img and the command to write the image to my MicroSD card was this: sudo dd if=kali-2.1.2-usbarmory.img.xz of=/dev/rdisk2 bs=512k.

Now that the device is booted, what is the IP I should use to ssh to the USB armory device? Did I miss something in the documentation regarding this?

Thanks