Thread: Windows 10 Problem caused by Kali Linux

Question Windows 10 Problem caused by Kali Linux

Hello, i've noticed there is a problem with Windows 10 after booting Kali Linux live from USB. First time few weeks ago i ran Kali from usb on my HP Laptop, and booted back to Windows 10, i kept getting bluescreen, error: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", which i had to reset windows to fix, since nothing else helped. Now since friday Windows has been running fine, till i booted Kali Linux from USB again. And get that bsod over and over again. Are you guys familiar with that problem? And if so what is the fix without resetting the windows again? I'm more than sure that this bsod is caused right after i run kali linux from USB. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums cslak.

Regarding your issue of Windows producing a STOP error after each Kali LiveUSB boot, I have a few questions and I may be able to assist.

1. Can you tell me, in detail to the best of your ability, how EXACTLY did you boot? Did you use forensic mode? Did you EVER mount the internal HDD?

2. Have you modified any BIOS / UEFI settings? Changed any hardware or even swapped out some RAM modules?

3. If you are willing, can you please repeat the proccess again, and attempt to provide a photo of the STOP error / BSOD?

Thank you much in advance,

rootjb0