Thread: SE toolkit and web cloning help

SE toolkit and web cloning help

Few weeks ago I installed kali linux using vmware. Then installed setoolkit and gave it a try, I tried cloning facebook and while there was no error (I got to the part where it says press enter to continue), when I looked for the cloned website on iceweasel, the page (my external ip) was something like apache debian default page or smth like that, but this is not the point, although the problem still persists after following the instructions there.
    Fast forward today I got noip installed and a host to use, went on and cloned facebook again but this time instead of the default page (searched the host name) I got an error which said the server was too busy, etc. Is there something wrong with the settings? Because I don't know if I have to configure kali for wan use instead of lan. vmware is allowed in my firewall settings (windows) and port 80 is forwared in my router.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by V12-POWER View Post
    Few weeks ago I installed kali linux using vmware. Then installed setoolkit and gave it a try, I tried cloning facebook and while there was no error (I got to the part where it says press enter to continue), when I looked for the cloned website on iceweasel, the page (my external ip) was something like apache debian default page or smth like that, but this is not the point, although the problem still persists after following the instructions there.
    Fast forward today I got noip installed and a host to use, went on and cloned facebook again but this time instead of the default page (searched the host name) I got an error which said the server was too busy, etc. Is there something wrong with the settings? Because I don't know if I have to configure kali for wan use instead of lan. vmware is allowed in my firewall settings (windows) and port 80 is forwared in my router.

Thanks in advance
    hi :-)
    if this can 'be useful, and if I understand the question:
    I did a test on my vm kali (internal ip 192.168.1.7) using SET (credential harvestes> website cloner> https://www.facebook.com) on ONE of my no-ip (update to external-IP ex 83.45. xx.xxx) and it seems to work
    http://postimg.org/image/xfsni86wd/full/
    my router have some portforward to COME-BACK to my internal-kali-ip....&& seems to work in lan && outside-lan

It works now, but only in LAN, how did you make it work in the WAN?
    edit: It works only on my computer (inside vmware and out), I then went to try it for wan using a noip host but after cloning the website and all, the page does not load "Iceweasel can't establish a connection to the server at 4stroke.noip.me." On chrome, outside vmware I get the same error, "connection timed out". Is this a problem of the router or what?

EDIT2: my noip host is using the external ip that I get here (http://myexternalip.com/)
    Last edited by V12-POWER; 2015-12-04 at 23:23.

It works now, but only in LAN, how did you make it work in the WAN?
    edit: It works only on my computer (inside vmware and out), I then went to try it for wan using a noip host but after cloning the website and all, the page does not load "Iceweasel can't establish a connection to the server at 4stroke.noip.me." On chrome, outside vmware I get the same error, "connection timed out". Is this a problem of the router or what?

EDIT2: my noip host is using the external ip that I get here (http://myexternalip.com/)
    ri-hi!
    sorry for many time i'm little busy..
    i make now a test WAN for you !!! && repeat worked fine
    http://postimg.org/image/9dubhdw51/full/
    bye
    I'm a g0at

I find your info useful, but the problem is somehow related to the router or firewalls. Is there anything to do to configure kali for wan attacks?
    I can barely make it work on lan doing this:

-run ifconfig command
    -use internal ip for cloned website

and this will make it work only on vmware (kali linux) and on pc (the pc that has vmware installed). I cant make it work on wifi lan neither on my lan (wired) ps4. Honestly I think I missed some steps when configuring the network settings or some stuff missing/blocks.

Things I tried to make it work on wan but still did not work:

-use host redirect option for noip host and then tried using this host
    -opened ports 80 and 443 at windows firewall and forwarded them in the router

So what could it be that it's preventing it from working?

EDIT!!!: Im testing the cloned website (public ip) using an iphone, I don't know if this work on mobile phones with 4g/lte internet, but it definitely does not work when I try to connect to that public ip from a pc inside my lan (the circuit is like this my lan > wan > my lan)
    Last edited by V12-POWER; 2015-12-08 at 01:09.

Thanks in advance

I'm running into the same issue you had as far as not being able to view the copied site. I'm getting the Apache2 default screen as well what did you do to fix this? I've tried both Lan and Wan every single time all it does is load that page. I have tried on several different Internet connections as well. what did you do to get past that?

EDIT!!!: Im testing the cloned website (public ip) using an iphone, I don't know if this work on mobile phones with 4g/lte internet, but it definitely does not work when I try to connect to that public ip from a pc inside my lan (the circuit is like this my lan > wan > my lan)
    you need to forward port 80 on your router to your computer (Kali).

Quote Originally Posted by TheMantis View Post
    you need to forward port 80 on your router to your computer (Kali).

I personally have port 80 open and i still can not get it to go past the default APACHE site ***!?!
    Last edited by Kittyslasher; 2015-12-24 at 04:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyslasher View Post
    I personally have port 80 open and i still can not get it to go past the default APACHE site ***!?!
    if you did not get pass the APACHE default site which means the cloning is not done. I got the same issue at first, to fix you need to download SETOOLKIT and install it.

I have this problem too.My ip translate to the main page router.I don't know what I do

Anyone find a solution? I can get it to work in lan but not outside of lan. I found out to get past the apache page when you enter your private ip, delete the html folder out of /var/www and that worked for me.

working solution

Ok so after trying many things ,i have got it to work finally .Follow these
    1> Make sure that virtual network adapters on control panel like vmnet 1 vmnet 8 are enabled ,if not enable them and restart your os
    2>Most important - make sure that vmware network adapter is on bridged mode .It would be set to NAT by default ,change it to bridged
    3>Dont use external wireless network adapter for this purpose in vmware ,it causes conflicts
    4>Type ifconfig to check if your inet is in the same subnet as in your host machine .For example in my case open windows (host),open cmd type ipconfig under wireless adapter ipv4 address my local ip is 192.168.1.4 and on my kali machine it is 192.168.1.8..This is very important as the ip should be allocated to host and vmware guest by your home router only then port fowarding will work. See the first three octets match it implies same subnet
    5>Give your local kali ip not public ip when setting up server in kali
    6>Problem solved