Thread: File explorer disappeared in Kali 2 after upgrading!

File explorer disappeared in Kali 2 after upgrading!

Hey there, I have a problem regarding kali2 file explorer, I ran an update (package update) and I didn't find the graphical file explorer again in the system, how do I fix that ?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by haken29a; 2015-12-03 at 21:56. Reason: Title

What do you mean "file explorer"?

Also, check if your surces.list file is right according the documentation. http://docs.kali.org/general-use/kal...t-repositories
    Any additional repositories added to the Kali sources.list file will most likely BREAK YOUR KALI LINUX INSTALL.
    If you are using another repositories, please reinstall you kali.

After check it:
    apt-get updade
    apt-get upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    What do you mean "file explorer"?

Also, check if your surces.list file is right according the documentation. http://docs.kali.org/general-use/kal...t-repositories
    Any additional repositories added to the Kali sources.list file will most likely BREAK YOUR KALI LINUX INSTALL.
    If you are using another repositories, please reinstall you kali.

After check it:
    apt-get updade
    apt-get upgrade
    Thank you for your reply, what I was meaning by file explorer was Nautilus, I don't know why it was disappeared but I reset my sources list with the defaults like you said, and ran the two commands but I found so many problems, so many packages caused problems and needed to be removed manually, the "apt-get -f install" didn't work as well as the "apt-get auto remove", I had to trace packages and their dependencies and remove them manually, then I finally installed nautilus and it's working again, I'm expecting to see a lot of problems later on because of the packages I've removed, but it's okay for now, I won't have to re-install kali 2 from scratch.