Thread: My Wireless Card (think is Broadcom BCM 4352) is not working. Not virtualize.

My Wireless Card (think is Broadcom BCM 4352) is not working. Not virtualize.

Hi guys
    I am new in the linux wolrd.
    I just intall kali linux in the hard drive, but i cannot install the wireless card.
    My mother board is Asus Maximus VI formula + I7 4770K.
    16 GB RAM, GTX 780 ti
    Seems that the wireless card is of broadcom brand , model BCM 4352.
    Can anyone help me to install ? I do not have any knowledge in linux but want to learn especially in this distribution .

If you're new to Linux, Kali is going to be very difficult for you. It's not as friendly, or forgiving, as Ubuntu, Mint, etc.

I'd strongly urge you to get familiar with another distro before tackling Kali.

That being said, posting the output of dmesg, or some of the logs in /var/log would help. Also, you'll need to be certain on your wireless card make, model & chipset.

I am aware that it is more difficult to start with this distribution , but I started an online course that teaches all about PenTest area, but I must have installed and configured computer to learn.
    My motherboard is this : http://www.asus.com/US/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_FORMULA/

The onboard wireless is a mPCIe Combo II with 802.11ac / Bluetooth 4.0

From what I've tried seems to be the broadcom 4352 BCM .

Follows the dmesg and ifconfig log , thank you for your attention.

I could not put the code directly from here (because of size ) , so I did upload to my 4shared account:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/hP91mepQce/log.html

Sorry, I can't help. I'm not comfortable with downloading unknown files to my computer.

That being said, if you can post some of the output here, I'll give it a try
    Last edited by grid; 2015-12-18 at 12:53.

I suspected that would not help me that way , I understand. I will try to put the parts that gave error and that I think can help

That was the way I could show a little log, otherwise it seems that the forum does not let me put the code

log.jpglog.jpg

Someone can help me?

My advice is to disable the onboard wireless card, and get an external USB wireless card compatible with Kali. You'll see a number of threads on compatible wireless cards on the forums.