Thread: USB Ethernet Adapter

USB Ethernet Adapter

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I've been searching for over an hour and can't find a solution.

I have a MacBook Pro 2014 with no ethernet port and booting Kali from USB. As you might have guessed I have no wifi. To download the Broadcom drivers I have bought a USB ethernet adapter. I am really struggling to get Kali to recognise ethernet via USB, won't recognise it at all. Is there a step by step guide or am I better to get a thunderbolt ethernet adapter?

Am a noob so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Even i have the same problem. Did you solve the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Spamsalad View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I've been searching for over an hour and can't find a solution.

I have a MacBook Pro 2014 with no ethernet port and booting Kali from USB. As you might have guessed I have no wifi. To download the Broadcom drivers I have bought a USB ethernet adapter. I am really struggling to get Kali to recognise ethernet via USB, won't recognise it at all. Is there a step by step guide or am I better to get a thunderbolt ethernet adapter?

Am a noob so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Even i have the same problem. Did you solve the issue? If you solve, how did you do it?
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-06-01 at 09:04. Reason: Fix quote