Good Morning All -

I just started using Kali yesterday after being a long time Backtrack user. Thanks for the update guys!

One thing I've always wanted to do is find out which of the "remote desktop server" clients was the best suited for me in linux. I started using X11, but then wanted to try out Splashtop. I'd usually prefer a more detailed control as I don't use it with Windows, but still wanted to to try it anyways.

I went to Splashtop's download page where I saw they had 4 versions of .deb files. One of each proc for Ubunutu 12.10 and 12.04. The Kali build I'm trying to install this on is 1.02 x64 in a VMWare VM so I downloaded both x64 versions to try.

When I try to install the package for 12.10, I get the following errors...
Kali1.jpg

When I try to install the package for 12.04, I get this (same, but also says i need to install "libx264-120". I tried to install it as you can see at the bottom, but no installation candidate)
Kali2.jpg

Both errors were after I ran and "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade". Still I ran and update again but seemingly my sources list libc6 as 2.13 being the newest version as I tried manually updating as well as looking in Synaptic. The same goes for libpulse0.

So, my questions are -

1. First, should I try to install the Spashtop for 12.04 or 12.10 (or does it matter)
  2. Second, How do I update those apps?

Thanks Guys!