Thread: [FIX] Freezing ,BUG Soft Lockup Cpu * Stuck For **S ! Or GPU Manager Errors. AMD64

Red face [FIX] Freezing ,BUG Soft Lockup Cpu * Stuck For **S ! Or GPU Manager Errors. AMD64

good Afternoon guys..

how is everybody ? good ? ok

(tried on kali linux 2.0 ubuntu 14 linux Mint 17 etc.. all 64Bit)

Note: Please Post Your Feedback in here .

actually me and my team were so away from hacking and this field since 2011 .. but i have seen this NEW distro and i said why not try it out and remember the nice old hacking days ?!

really since BackTrack and i always had problems with it ..

i bought a new laptop for my brother (MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro Intell I7 6th Gen X64Bit) its for gaming but i was trying to install kali on it . it just does not want to get into the live cd giving me a lot of errors .. this laptop has UEFI and secure boot and windows10 (i hate it by the way) ok .. enough with talking..

first you need a cup of coffee or tee and you need to be in a good mode : D

################################
    1/ start your laptop or desktop #
    2/Enter the Bios "tap F2 or Delete " #
    3/secure Boot Must be Off ! #
    4/Fast Boot Should Be Off #
    5/UEFI With CSM (Legacy suport) #
    ###############################

now you need to download your desired Version of Kali and burn it to dvd or usb ..

plug it in and start your system.. tap F11 and hit UEFI Live Usb or DVD .. you should be in kali linux welcoming page..

select the live cd or the first option And HIT "E" on your keyboard to edit the kernal parameters or options ..

you should see line like this or similar to it ..

Code:
     file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper initrd=/casper/initrd.gz
    after initrd.gz i have added "nomodeset and xforcevesa " and it worked like a charm ..i have two display cards in this laptop (INtell and Nvidia ) so i picked that options and it worked !

you can use noapic noapci nosplash irqpoll and a lot of options to fix problems like that>>

for me nomodeset was enough coz of the Nvidia card

goodluck guys and please if this fix worked for you please confirm it in here with your laptop type and all spec .. thx

UPDATE (27/12/2015)

Nvidia card + nouveau driviers was causing the problem ! by adding the option " nomodeset " it will let you inside the GUI of the live cd or usb BUT .. not when you finish Installing the system

so it was a headech for me trying and searching and testing for a away to make it up and running with both intell and nvidia or just disable the Nvidia card.. after 1 full day > the kernel option " modprobe.blacklist=nouveau " will stop the drivers and problem SOLOVED !

update // kali linux 2.0 ,, Uname -a >> (Linux kali 4.0.0-kali1-amd64)

my intel graphics also was not working so ..

if some 1 is having a problem with intel graphics he can use this kernel option also .. " i195.preliminary_hw_support=1 "

and to make this permenant just edit " /etc/default/grub " and the line should be like this

Code:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet modprobe.blacklist=nouveau i915.preliminary_hw_support=1"
    save it >> done.