Thread: hard time installing kali in my Dell...

hard time installing kali in my Dell...

Guys im here to ask for little help , im new in kail linux , i have used linux systems for 2 years (Debian and ubuntu) for gaming servers , but im having a hard time trying to install kail linux on my Dell Inspiron 7559 Laptop , as far i know my laptop uses a UEIF boot and Two diferent GPU's , one is an Intel HD and the other one is a discrete Nvidia , well i try to install kali directly on my Hard drive dogin the following steps:

1: using the windows disk manager i shrink my main windows partition and leve a free 10 gb space on my hard drive
    2: i boot using legasy mode into a USB flashdrive created on Rofus with a Kali iso
    3: i install and create a new partition using the kail USB into the free 10 gb space that i shrink from my main windows partition
    4: the installation ends with some errors in the wifi driver , and when the installation finish i just boot again from my main hard drive using legasy mode showing me the GRUB , i just select KAIL linux and then when it statrs loading the GUI the screen flashes multiple times and ends up in a black screen with some text with bad resolution giving me alot of ACPI warnings

thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english

1: using the windows disk manager i shrink my main windows partition and leve a free 10 gb space on my hard drive
    2: i boot using legasy mode into a USB flashdrive created on Rofus with a Kali iso

leave a little more free space then 10gb. 20gb will be ok.
    you are using wrong method to make boot usb
    read this post
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...-Kali-2-0-Sana
    Repetitio est mater studiorum

I got confused in the "2.) Be sure to check out and verify SHA1Sum is it OK" part , what i need that file , i goot the same error when i use the live mode