Thread: Thc-ipv6 package not complete (linux deploy)

Thc-ipv6 package not complete (linux deploy)

I've recently installed kali linux arm on my sony xperia S (lt26i) with the aid of linux deploy (not the best option but fast an easy to setup).
    It works almost fine, i'm using sana repositories and get all the packages (kali-linux-full and kali-linux-all) installed, everything seems to work but, at least one package (the one i've found) doesnt have all the tools that is supposed to have.

I'm trying to use tools like smurf6, alive etc to perform a DOS attack on my router, but i cant find that tools.
    I checked wether the package is installed on my system. It's actually installed, in fact, i can use some tools of the package.
    I tried
    apt-get install --reinstall thc-ipv6
    but the package is not found. I run
    apt-cache search thc-ipv6
    and the package is found (at least at the repos, although i can't get it).

I've later discovered that thc-ipv6 comes with kali-linux-full so i suppose is the only way to install it.
    Is this issue related with the package for arm (maybe those tools doesnt exist) or is something wrong with my installation?
    Last edited by Usercore; 2016-01-03 at 11:17.

Tried to remove and reinstalling only that package but still getting same results.
    Its posible that some packages are different between architectures?

I'm a newbie with linux, i only know two ways to install packages, with apt-get (in this case hadn't worked) or downloading the source and compiling, i'm not sure about trying the second.

has anyone noticed some tools missing in kali linux for arm (sana)?

Usercore,

Sorry if this catches late. The THC-IPV6 tools are still in there. Try to lead off the usually commands with "ATK6". I tried atk6-smurf6 and came up with the tool. This seems to run through the whole lot of THC-IPV6 tools. Cheers.

RTer

Really appreciate your help, i can finally get that tools using the trick you mention (works with every tool in the package)
    I'm about to try to perform the attacks now that i have the means.

help its never late, don't worry, i quitted trying to install or get to work theca-ipv6 on arm so your help comes at the best time.

Thanks and sorry for my english

Cool. Glad to be of help.

RTer

What a awesome trick!!!!!
    But I don't understand why it works in that way with and without adding "atk6-"