Hello, total forum and kali linux noob here. I have Triple booted my laptop and made (In my case anyway) of installing kali first. It is now utilizing its own grub startup and I would like to either have full control to customize it OR be able to switch my laptop to using my linux Mint 17 grub launcher so I can customize it completely with my better knowledge of Mint over Kali. I had tried to install grub-customizer to Kali, but I keep getting the same errors. I have looked at several tutorials to fix the problem and they all yeild the same problem (ironicly). when ever I try to install from a ppa, I get the "add-apt-repository: command not found" error. I looked and found that I should install python-software-properties, but I get this error -
"Package python-software-properties is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'python-software-properties' has no installation candidate". I have tried to solve this problem with methods I found on blackmoreops.com but they all yeild the same error. I even tried installing grub-customizer from source, still recieving the same error trying to install the dependancys.

In conclusion, I would like to install grub-customizer on Kali, completely fix the errors I am recieving, or switch my laptop from using Kali grub on start up to Linux Mint grub.

This is my first forum post in forever and I thank you for even taking the time to read.