Installed KAli 2 without any problems... pretty straightforward and quick...

However i have had to re-install it 11 times in a day due the typical black-screen/hanging error that happens when u reboot after running:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install -y linux-headers-$(uname -r)
apt-get install nvidia-kernel-dkms

IT seems when it gives me the warning aboutthe neauvau driver problem (as with akali 1) there is an additional warning about my particular nvidia graphics card not being supported but i am unsure as to whether this is a generic warning and i ok and proceed...

After running these lines:

sed 's/quiet/quiet nouveau.modeset=0/g' -i /etc/default/grub
update-grub
reboot

THe reboot just hangs before login........... this appears to be the standard effect everytime i run these lines. So i tried different options to test things out... when prompting me to install the nvidia drivers this time i said 'no' and proceeded... the system rebooted fine, i could see the graphics 'twitching' miliseconds prior to logging in (which was odd) but it was fine... when i ran: glxinfo | grep -i "direct rendering" i got a yes.... but when i tried to install a package later i was met with unmet dependencies affecting package installation recommnded installing nvidia-settings, etc. Tried that and failed. Anotehr interesting thing happened - my screen resolution was stretched on reboot with the 'no' option but i used xandr to recorrect. I thougth that was it but the unmet dependencies was still playing up. Eventually i just re-installed the system... updated but did not run apt-get install nvidia-kernel-dkms. I wanted to see if i was getting direct rendering of 3d without nvidia drivers/protocols being installed so i ran glxinfo | grep -i "direct rendering" and it said yes...

At this stage i kinda gave up and decided to follow Blackmoreops http://www.blackmoreops.com/2015/02/...nvidia-driver/ guide that worked for my setup on kali 1.xx however this time when i get to aptitude install nvidia-xconfig thats when i had to quit as it seemed xconfig could not be summoned after installing.. any/all reboots lead to the same black/screen reboot crash.

My nvidia graphics card is quite old.. even on windows there is limited support but it still functions well ... running lspci: NVIDIA Corporation G96 [GeForce 9400 GT]

ANy and all help would be greatly appreciated.. i really do not want to have to keep re-installing this system especially after my dual boot with windows 10 was juiced...